Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 30, 2014   #331
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Remy. My order will be on the way as soon as I can figure out what will be grown this year.
Old December 4, 2014   #332
SummerSky
Tomatovillian™

Another positive review for Santa Maria over here! Although I don't really like the taste of raw tomatoes, it made for great sauce. My only qualm with it was that it was the only pack of seeds that I got from you that I had trouble germinating. I ended up starting the entire pack and only got two to germinate. Those two plants, however, were my favorites from the get-go. They have very aesthetic foliage, and (more importantly) produced very well for me. I saved seeds from them and had excellent results in my germination tests, and I think this variety will be a lasting member of my garden.

I'm currently working on my order and hope to submit it today. Thank you for offering such a wide assortment of not only tomatoes, but other vegetables and flowers!
SummerSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2014   #333
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

So glad you loved them! but sorry to hear about the germ. problem. I has a few others tell me of this too. Not sure what happened as I didn't have trouble testing at the get go, or when I grew them this year. All I can figure is that I put multiple batches of seeds together, and I did not do a good job mixing all the seeds (It is always possible after doing many varieties my brain made an oops,) and there was a portion of seeds that were not good. I do hope you know if you ever have trouble you can always send me a message, and I'll send new seeds or give you a new packet the next time you order. So if you are not a seed saver, I can give you a new pack with your order, just send me a note.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2014   #334
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I must have gotten a good pack because I had four out of four of you Santa Maria seeds germinate for me. I grew one, I gave one to my dad, and I don't remember what I ended up doing with the other two seedlings.

While for me they were smaller than I expected, it was a very healthy plant with very good production, and although they did go into the sauce pot, I did sample a few raw and they were quite tasty.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2014   #335
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

PS - the striping and speckling I mentioned in my earlier post did appear on all subsequent Santa Maria fruit. While the striping wasn't as pronounced the riper the tomatoes got, it was still there.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2014   #336
remy

I really think I must not of mixed well enough and there had to be pocket of bad seed so a few people got low germination while most of the others were just fine.
I didn't pay close enough attention to the ripening of the Santa Marias to notice the color closely like I should have. How your post went completely out of my brain, I've no clue! I'm glad you liked them though.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Old December 18, 2014   #337
ed50
Tomatovillian™

Hi Remy, your seeds arrived here safely today. Thank you very much, especially also for the bonus packet. I think I ordered a little bit too early because I see you added a few New Dwarfs recently. lt will be for next time!

Greetings,
Eddy
ed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #338
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Hi Remy,

Just wanted to let you know the seed from your Sicilian Violet cauliflower was the first one to produce in my garden. We have had a warm winter so far; not good for those cool weather crops. I germinated seed on 9/27 and here it is on 1/11. There is another one that will be larger as it just started turning purple.

Since it grew so fast, I have time for another round of them.

Barb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0247 (1024x678).jpg (187.5 KB, 313 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2015   #339
remy

Oh excellent!!! It looks terrific . I'm very jealous. You know what is growing here? Snow and ice, .

Old January 15, 2015   #340
salix
Tomatovillian™

Snow and ice here as well, but also a very welcome seed order from the Sample Seed Shop appeared in the mail box this afternoon. Thank you, Remy!
Old January 15, 2015   #341
BucksCountyGirl
Tomatovillian™

Hey Remy!

It's Kelli from facebook again. I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you and that I am looking forward to trying Chocolate Lightning possibly even more than I was looking forward to the Rosella Crimson! You're the best!

Thanks Again

Life's a climb...but the view is fantastic
BucksCountyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2015   #342
remy

Awe thanks
Kelli, Glad you got some of those dwarfs. Rosella Crimson is gone and Chocolate Ligtning is almost!
Salix, very good. I get more worried about packages to Canada than say Eddy over in Belgium.

Old May 4, 2015   #343
raindrops27
Tomatovillian™

Finally put in a late order!! Remy, I will consistently purchase from you as your level of service, dedication, and products are always top notch!

Have a wonderful week!

Melissa
raindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015   #344
remy

Awe, thanks .

Old August 6, 2015   #345
imp
Tomatovillian™

Just sent you another order, sigh.

I soooo do hate you though, LOL, every time I go to your site I want to buy more and more seed! It's so tempting to tell myself "well, it's very low cost and not too many seeds and you can just squeeze a couple more in..."

And yes, I did it this time, too!

I hope those daisy type flowers are as pretty as the picture, such a pretty blue.

Seriously, remy gives good service, great seeds and selection and everything.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote