Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 10, 2016   #1
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Default Stars thus far!

My earliest tomato plants are fast approaching time to set into the cold frame, and there are some real winners among this year's contestants. Of course, this is just as far as growth and plant habit at this point.

Red Profusion (F1)
A likely replacement for Tumbler, etc. Excellent branching and definitely smaller than Tumbler so better for my growing space.

Kelley's Pixie (OP)
This is really looking good. Probably a bit larger plant than original Pixie, and seems that it will have better leaf cover. Lots of buds, so I'm pretty sure it will be quite early.

Dwarf Pink Passion (OP) from the Dwarf Project.
Bushier than most of the new dwarfs than I've grown thus far. Nice looking, vigorous plant. Also, almost normal looking foliage as opposed to most of the dwarfs that I've tried that have the very "puckered" rugose foliage.

Fourth of July (F1)
First time I've grown it. Slightly smaller plant than Stupice thus far. Nice looking indeterminate with good branching that fits my available space.

-GG
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote