Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old April 9, 2015   #31
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stvrob View Post
This style is cheap, but not as easy to clean, plus it cloggs easier

http://www.dripworks.com/product/FSW...FRHl7Aod3jYAIA
http://www.dripworks.com/images/products/fsw.jpg

That is pretty much what the one on my faucet looked like but had a valve in it with a little pressure popper in it, Beale.
EBCIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2015   #32
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

I will try to remember to take a Picture of that also in the Morning, Beale.
Old April 9, 2015   #33
Stvrob
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCIII View Post
That is pretty much what the one on my faucet looked like but had a valve in it with a little pressure popper in it, Beale.
I think you are decribing the vacuum breaker for backflow prevention? That little screen/hose washer would go upstream of it. Substituted for your regular hose washer. There are better devices. For $10 or so you could get a Y strainer which is easier to clean and has more surface area so it wouldnt get clogged so easy.

Sounds like you are having problems with particulate matter. Is this the same water source as your house?
Stvrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2015   #34
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Oh yes, I actually gad to buy a filtration system to make my water drinkable. I get dirt and sand through the old well, Beale.
Old April 10, 2015   #35
Stvrob
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Oh yes, I actually gad to buy a filtration system to make my water drinkable. I get dirt and sand through the old well, Beale.
I would recomend adressing the well as soon as possible. It may just need to be redeveloped and its not necessarily something catestrophically expensive. Have you asked a driller to come tKe a look at it?

If you are going to use a strainer, you could strain it at the well with a larger Y-strainer and then not have to worry about all these other strainers at different points

Call a driller and have them take a look.
Old April 10, 2015   #36
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

When we lived in Killeen Texas we would have to remove the aerator once a week to clean the gravil out of it.
In one weeks time it would completely stop up.
And this was city water.

On my system here I have a bronze 20 mesh Y type strainer before the reduced pressure assembly.
Then at the two valves that control the drip system there is a 200 mesh filter.

I cannot stress to you enough that you need a 120 to 200 mesh filter before any drip line.
I tried the other one (40 mesh washer) and in no time my 1/4 inch drip lines completely stopped up and my water is pretty clean here.
Here is a close-up of a washer 40 mesh strainer next to a stainless steel 200 mesh filter.

How this works is the water goes inside the purple filter and flows to the outside you can see.
When you want to flush it you open the flush valve and it will run water out and onto the ground our where ever you have a hose ran to.
Some filters dont have the valve and have a male hose connection.
IMG_2015041029300.jpg

Last edited by Worth1; April 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10, 2015   #37
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I would recomend adressing the well as soon as possible. It may just need to be redeveloped and its not necessarily something catestrophically expensive. Have you asked a driller to come tKe a look at it?

If you are going to use a strainer, you could strain it at the well with a larger Y-strainer and then not have to worry about all these other strainers at different points

Call a driller and have them take a look.
I am disabled, Live on Social Security. No well will be re-dug. I have no income so to speak of. My Dad bought my trailer, put me on this farm I will inherit. I live by tooth and nail month to month. Right now I have about 20 bucks in my account until the 15 of this month. It iis like this every month.

I am not trying to sound harsh, just reality. I Wish I could do more? But I can not, Beale.
Old April 10, 2015   #38
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

You Know I really am growing weary of this conversation. I will no longer reply to it, Beale.
Old April 10, 2015   #39
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
You Know I really am growing weary of this conversation. I will no longer reply to it, Beale.
Beale I am sorry If I insulted you.
By no means did I expect you to go out and spend money you dont have for I know very well what your situation is and what it can be like.

This thread is not only for you but for others to read also.
For that reason I post what I post for everyone so they dont spend money on things that will fail in a year.

Ruining $200 dollars or more worth of drip line and equipment because of a 10 to 20 dollar filter isn't worth it.
It is what I call throwing good money after bad.

Worth
Old April 10, 2015   #40
Stvrob
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I am disabled, Live on Social Security. No well will be re-dug. I have no income so to speak of. My Dad bought my trailer, put me on this farm I will inherit. I live by tooth and nail month to month. Right now I have about 20 bucks in my account until the 15 of this month. It iis like this every month.

I am not trying to sound harsh, just reality. I Wish I could do more? But I can not, Beale.
You can still call and ask him to swing by at his convienience and ask him what the problem might be. Unless you already know the well has gone bad, it might just need to be redeveloped. At least then you would know.
Old April 10, 2015   #41
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Worth I will answer you I was tired and just woke up. I had a Migraine and I am sorry. None of y'all have ever insulted me at all, ever. Please just tell me where and what kind of brand of filter I need. It is I who should say I am sorry, Beale.
Old April 10, 2015   #42
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Worth I will answer you I was tired and just woke up. I had a Migraine and I am sorry. None of y'all have ever insulted me at all, ever. Please just tell me where and what kind of brand of filter I need. It is I who should say I am sorry, Beale.
This one has the adapters built in if you mess the threads up it is a goner.
$10.00
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DIG-3-4-i...-100133293-_-N

Or you could get this one and buy the adapters for it.
They will cost you another 6 bucks or so.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DIG-3-4-i...-D55/100124593

Worth
Old April 10, 2015   #43
EBCIII
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
You can still call and ask him to swing by at his convienience and ask him what the problem might be. Unless you already know the well has gone bad, it might just need to be redeveloped. At least then you would know.

I do not even know who my Dad dealt with. I now have $5.50 in my bank, Beale.
Old April 17, 2015   #44
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
This is a test and only a test.
Something is whacked out with my paint program.

Attachment 47479
This is what I have done so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0014.JPG (58.3 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0015.JPG (87.1 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0016.JPG (74.0 KB, 89 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2015   #45
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

After looking at the picture above, I realized I put it in facing the wrong direction. Here it is fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0018.JPG (80.2 KB, 89 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote