Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Post your favorite tomato-based recipes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 27, 2013   #1
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

Default Vitamix and Tomato Sauce?

Huntoften posted that he uses a Vitamix for making his tomato sauce. Hopefully he will see this and reply but I may just private message him if others don't chime in.

If I throw whole tomatoes in the vitamix and blend it all into smithereens to make marinara to can, will the seeds make the sauce bitter? I just googled and found this recipe - https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes...h-Tomato-Sauce

I would love to hear of others with a vitamix that are using it to make sauce.

I have so many tomatoes to process after being on vacation for a couple of weeks and I am slammed with work right now so even the thought of the time it will take for me to skin and deseed all the tomatoes is making my head spin.

I have been making gazpacho all season and I make the tomato juice for it by just blending the whole tomatoes for a couple of minutes and it doesn't seem to make the gazpacho bitter.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by pdxwindjammer; September 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added recipe
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote