Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old April 8, 2007   #1
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Default Monty's Joy Juice

Has anyone used Monty's Joy Juice? What did you think?

Also has anyone tried Monty's Liquid Carbon Soil Conditioner?

Last edited by ZBQ; April 8, 2007 at 09:43 AM.
ZBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2013   #2
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

I am wondering about it too as my daughter gave me some a few years ago. I've not used it yet.
zeroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2013   #3
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

I have used the 8-16-8 formulation as a foliage on my tomatoes, peppers, shrubs, lawn. It has some Micros in it, iron is,one I recall. The dilution is something like 1/4 teaspoon per gallon, so it's very economical. I used it last year, and will most likely use it again this year in the same manner.
Old January 23, 2013   #4
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

It is sold at Berlin Seed Supply, in Berlin, OH. A garden and seed supply place that is Amish. They sell it and will tell you it is a great product. In my Honest Opinion...they wouldn't sell it if it didn't work. They aren't scam artists. Anything I have purchased from them has worked and been economically priced and of excellent quality.
Old January 23, 2013   #5
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

Thanks fellow TVers! I'm sure my daughter got what she gave me from the Amish near Goshin, IN. She goes shopping at the huge Amish store there for all kinds of things.

I'll have to go down the basement and find it so I can remember to use it. Is there a 'best' time to use it on tomato plants? The label most likely has all that, just wondering.

I'm glad I went reading through some of the really old threads today. Such great info here.
Old January 23, 2013   #6
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroma View Post
Thanks fellow TVers! I'm sure my daughter got what she gave me from the Amish near Goshin, IN. She goes shopping at the huge Amish store there for all kinds of things.

I'll have to go down the basement and find it so I can remember to use it. Is there a 'best' time to use it on tomato plants? The label most likely has all that, just wondering.

I'm glad I went reading through some of the really old threads today. Such great info here.
E&R Seeds, Monroe, In? They are Amish and huge. Their catalog is really thick. Unfortunately it is all by mail ...no website. I wouldn't hesitate to use it, myself. This can be purchased in 250 gal totes for farmers!!!??? WOW.
Old January 24, 2013   #7
zeroma
Tomatovillian™

250 gal totes! That size might be over kill for my few plants! No not E&R Seeds. They are in Northern Indiana, 5 miles from the Michigan state line actually. I can't remember the name of the Amish store near them. Can't wait to try it.