Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

NORCATT™ event information and discussion forum. Northern California Tomato Tasting

Old August 30, 2010   #1
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Default Cupertino TomatoBash, Sept. 25

Another local event I heard about on an e-mail list...

http://greensteaders.org/events/2010...ouncement.html

TomatoBash is coming! - an heirloom tomato tasting event.

We are in the midst of preparing for our annual heirloom tomato tasting event that will take place on the 25th of September, at the same location as last year: Picchetti Winery in Cupertino. We will have over 40 varieties of carefully selected heirloom tomatoes for tasting. Complementing the tomatoes will be samplings of gourmet dishes, prepared by a local chef with recipes to take home!

Admission is $25 with early registration (till 31st of August) or $32 thereafter, and $40 at the door for adults, so get your tickets early! Children under the age of 6 come free, ages 7 - 14 cost $12, $17 and $23 as the time draws nearer.

We encourage participation from farms and local home growers. If you grow organic tomatoes and would like to showcase them at the event, contact us tomatobash@gmail.com
as soon as you can.

This is a not for profit event organized by gardening and tomato enthusiasts. Our aim is to share our joy of fresh, ripe, gourmet heirloom tomatoes! All proceeds go to cover event costs. If you would like to assist in organizing the event or to volunteer, please contact us today!

Details:
1-4pm, September 25th
Picchetti Winery, Cupertino, CA
Old August 30, 2010   #2
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

I'm there!!

Raybo
Old September 5, 2010   #3
JoAnne
Tomatovillian™

Me too! I'd been hoping for a local tomato bash.
Old October 20, 2010   #4
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Did anyone go? Did you taste any gotta-grow varieties?
Old October 30, 2010   #5
JoAnne
Tomatovillian™

Yea, I went - had a very good time! It was the first time I had tasted the Wild Boar farm varities and as a result I'll be growing a few of them next year. Porkchop, in particular, was my favorite. Also, there was a green grape tomato that was plump and sweet and juicy. Very different from the green grape I have been growing, and now I'm wondering if there are two different types called green grape?
Old October 31, 2010   #6
Bama mater
Tomatovillian™

JoAnne, Yes those WBF varietys are sure a treat both to the taste buds and the eyes, My fav is B&B Boar, Porkchop I've grown the past two years with good results.