Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

NORCATT™ event information and discussion forum. Northern California Tomato Tasting

Old September 5, 2006   #31
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

AHA!! I found an additional post in my notes...my mind also has prominent sieve like qualities...and the NOT Burrakers, 'Diana's Faux' (indeed) is

COUSTRALEE

There. Now I can sleep at night.

D
Old September 6, 2006   #32
annietomatomad
Tomatovillian™

Diana, I just had my first ripe Cuostralee a few days ago and it was delicious! I will be growing that one again too. Vigorous plant and wonderful fruit. My 1884 is just pumping out tomatoes right now and the flavor is improving too. Some others are long gone but there are some just coming in. I'm so happy that I'm still overwhelmed in tomatoes.

Just finished putting together all the seeds for all of you. I'm running out of small envelopes. Where do you guys get yours from? Need to go buy some.

Debra--you never did say if you wanted any seeds. Let me know. I'll pm you soon about your varieties that I'm interested in. I think I wanted Momotaro.

Betsy--did you get my pm? Let's talk soon.

Cheers, Annie
Old September 7, 2006   #33
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Someone described the Diana's Faux/Not Burackers as a pink/purple tomato..... and you've now identified it as
Cuostralee???

Unfortunately, cuostralee is a red... so either I'm confused, or there's still a mystery to be solved!

However, I'm not surprised about how good it tasted if
it was Cuostralee.

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Old September 8, 2006   #34
vermiit
Tomatovillian™

These are 3 more toms off that plant. I started the Coustralee seedling, and according to my smudged notes, it looks like I put it in because the Burrackers was doing so poorly... you think? No? Aargh!!
Old October 8, 2006   #35
betsylt
Tomatovillian™

Hey Diana,

I didn't get the notification that you'd posted to the page. How strange that you got all those different-looking fruit from the same plant!

Did you ferment the dark pink faux Burracker's? Looks like it might be interesting to grow next season just to see what it grows out!

Any idea who brought the "Super Italian Paste"? I'd love to get seeds for that one!

-BetsyLT
betsylt@gmail.com