Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 29, 2006   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default MAGTAG 2007

Now that MAGTAG 2006 is history, it's time to start thinking about next year's fest. Are there things that we can improve next year? Any ideas for new events or presentations? Please post your comments and suggestions here.
Old August 29, 2006   #2
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Two things,

Ketchup, we didn't have any of this. Also, a group picture. Thanks to Dunkel we had pictures but Cecilia and I forgot to bring camaras and we never got the whole group together for one biggy.

Greg
Old August 29, 2006   #3
Trudi
Tomatovillian™

I expect that next year may be bigger ;-)

I'd like to suggest:

A microphone so that we can announce agenda events--this was we can be heard over the larger crowd.

Also, if there are more people there will be more toms and more table-space needed for them. Maybe some people have pop-up canopies and fold up tables that can be brought to use for food stations-buffet line, sign in/registration, etc.

And maybe some people can be designated for chores--such as plating and sorting the toms, making the "hi, my name is" shirt sticker, etc.

And if we do have more people, and thus more toms, do we need a separation system? Such as all the orange and yellows close to each other, a section for all the black, brown purples, all the cherries located together, etc etc.

Trudi
Old August 29, 2006   #4
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Omigosh, Greg, you're right - all those tomatoes and no ketchup! I wish I'd known; I could've gotten some from home.

My DH, Dave, did remember to bring a camera, but he didn't get a group shot, either. I'll post some photos as soon as our home internet is working again.

Was everybody OK with the location? It doesn't appear that anybody had trouble finding the place.
Old February 4, 2007   #5
bluekat
Tomatovillian™

I will remember to label my plates before I come! I second the organizing tomatoes by color/type idea.

-Kim
Old February 7, 2007   #6
Dunkel
Tomatovillian™

I volunteer for name tag duty and will take pictures again. D-oh! You're right, no group picture. I had to cut back the number of varieties and plants this year, so hopefully they will produce well! I'm looking forward to MAGTAG 2007!

What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds. - Will Rogers