Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28, 2016   #10
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Doss View Post
Oh yes, ventilation will be covered. I scored some nice, big, storm windows with screens. One will be in the door I build, two will be in the opposite end wall.
Right now all the hoops are in place, and have 3 purlins running from end to end, all bolted together. I was just starting to attach the 2 by 6 skirt boards when my cordless drill died, so I am on here while battery is on charger.
Im using cheap 3mil plastic from Menards on it, it's what I have available for now. I honestly don't expect it to last for more than a year or so, by then I will order new greenhouse plastic.
Some reaction takes place between the plastic sheeting and the PVC, it causes the plastic to deteriorate, so, to avoid that, I bought several rolls of 3.5 inch Sill Seal foam. I will attach that to the hoops with zip ties before pulling plastic.
I wish I could take pictures of it to post on here, I am just a little too excited to be finally getting my hoop house
Sounds like you have a full-on project going on (PICTURES PLEASE). I am wanting to put something like that up but a lot of trees would have to lose their battle with man-nature to do that. Best of luck with this!
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote