Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old January 22, 2013   #16
tqn626
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post

tqn626, great price! Do you pick it up locally or have you found an online supplier? (must be nice to be in a climate where you can grow dragon fruit )

I get it from a place in Orange county. Azomite is huge in northern california, not sure about central california.

Check this link for a supplier near you, some hydroponic stores have it too.

http://azomite.com/index.php?option=...=54#California
tqn626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2013   #17
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Tqn, thanks for the link, there are several places near me on that list. What got me started was our local hydroponic store, but they want almost twice that for the same amount. I'll have to check prices at our Farm Supply.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013   #18
tsipgolf12
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Tqn, thanks for the link, there are several places near me on that list. What got me started was our local hydroponic store, but they want almost twice that for the same amount. I'll have to check prices at our Farm Supply.
What were the results of your soil test and did you use azomite? Did you see an improvement?

thanks RWG
tsipgolf12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2013   #19
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsipgolf12 View Post
What were the results of your soil test and did you use azomite? Did you see an improvement?

thanks RWG
Turned out my soil had a pretty high pH, 8.1, with high levels of calcium & mg. I did use azomite, along with a complete soil Rx.

My area of most concern was my berry patch. The turn around has been great. I have decent fruit, and the canes that are forming for next year are looking great. I can't just attribute it just to the azomite, more the overall remineralization of my soil and good advice.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote