Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Old June 23, 2008   #1
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Default what's everyone harvesting?

My peas just finished or rather I finished them - with our long unusually cool spring they just kept growing and setting and growing and setting and shading out the tomatoes. So my freezer is stocked withed sugar snaps, snow peas, shelled peas. My kitchen is a sticky mess from pie cherries and I still have many more to go. The black raspberries are turning and I pick about a pint each day. Plus I have at least one meal a day from the peas and broccoli, earlier the lettuces and spinach. Rhubarb of course. Piegirl
piegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2008   #2
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

I have one head of cabbage left. I'm picking cucumbers, okra, eggplant, peppers and tomatoes so far. Garlic and shallots are curing. I have loads of basil. I need to make some pesto and put it in the freezer. I'm still waiting on a few things but that's what's ready right now.
Old June 24, 2008   #3
phreddy
Tomatovillian™

Garlic and onions, bagged and hanging in the shade to cure.
Necterines about to come good, had one today a bit hard but sooo much better than the shop ones.
Peaches close, Apricots also. Sliva - wild plums also just at the point of being right for picking although locals eat them from 'just formed'. They taste awful then, maybe they supply a dietry element needed?

Two weeks time and I think that the prices of it all will be at rock bottom.
It is such a good year for all tree fruits. It started with cherries around May 20th.
phreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2008   #4
huntoften
Tomatovillian™

A few small zucchini, onions, and will have some banana peppers in a few days. Snow peas, lettuce, and spinach are all gone. My eggplant is putting on its first flowers, the squash is blooming like crazy, tons of green tomatoes growing every day, the corn is waist high, the pole beans are nearing orbit, and the cukes are about the size of jelly beans. The okra is getting there as well! July and August will be busy harvesting months!
Old June 24, 2008   #5
Biscombe
Tomatovillian™

Harvested/ing

Tons and tons of oranges (finished now) lemons, Garlic, courgette, tomatoes, leeks, french beans, carrots, tons of potatoes, beetroot, broad beans (lots in freezer), cabbage red and white, radish, chicory, lettuce (bolting now) chillies,

Not long to wait for Eggplant, sweetcorn and sweet peppers, and millions of chillies
Biscombe is offline   Reply With Quote