Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 16, 2016   #31
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
the grapes are toast. bummer!
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. I am surprised they didn't make it even with your TLC. I have never given mine any special treatment. What type were they?

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2016   #32
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Record highs two months ago and now late record lows is causing issues. I've learned no season is the same and accept what is handed. I had the best fruit crop last year ever...doubt that will be repeated this year. A coin toss and learn to plant accordingly.

I just started two new start trays of tenders. If we have another late fall frost into October i'll be happy. Accept it if a bust. Some crops will do better no doubt. Makes it interesting. I just plant a bit of everything and always surprised what does well each year.

Rhubarb is near waist high and peas are up and healthy better than ever. Fall planted leeks and garlic are up ...some years not so good.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2016   #33
ramapojoe
Tomatovillian™

three or more days of low to mid 40's will not kill tomatoes but there is a definite possibility of them being stunted and prone to problems. better to wait.
ramapojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2016   #34
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramapojoe View Post
three or more days of low to mid 40's will not kill tomatoes but there is a definite possibility of them being stunted and prone to problems. better to wait.
Low to mid 40s has been 40% of the time here, since I planted out on 4/5/2016.
Last night it was 45F. No stunting. My plant are up to 30" tall with flowers. YMMV

Gardeneer.
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote