Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 9, 2014   #16
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedln View Post
I can't say I've ever had spider mites. At least I've never been able to identify them in my garden. A guy in a farmers market booth said the white flies have been relentless in his garden this year. I also have not seen White Flies in my garden. I do have Aphids of various colors almost every year. I've never seen them on my tomatoes, but they really attack my squash and cucumbers and to a lesser degree, my pepper plants.

Worth,

At first, I didn't like Risentraube. I always try to select cherry tomato plants which produce fruit with a different flavor than my regular tomatoes. I was disappointed to find my Risentraube provided cherry tomatoes which tasted as good as, but very similar to my larger red tomatoes. I've changed my mind however. I admire it's production and health qualities. It's also nice to have a cherry tomato plant producing fruit comparable to my larger red varieties after the larger varieties have started declining.

I've almost reached cherry tomato fatigue this year. I've harvested so many, and eaten so many; and given so many away that I am a little tired of them. It doesn't really bother me that three our of five varieties are biting the dust of a hot summer. It's also nice that one of the surviving varieties seems ready to continue producing and providing tasty tomatoes at a slower pace.

Ted
Try drying them. You can marinate with balsamic vinegar or just plain. I think a lot of cherries are better dried.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote