Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old September 30, 2010   #61
coloken
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Try this link, I think Carolyn's is trying to read their mail or some thing
http://www.bejoseeds.com/web/pages/b...d=2242&menuid=
coloken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2010   #62
travis
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Bejo has a close relationship with Seedway here in the US and that's where I think they're going to place Mt. Magic and Plum Regal and Tast-Lee, and if you want to download the stuff from either the Bejo or Seedway websites, there are several, go to it Mark, b'c I give up.

I still haven't heard back from Elaine at Bejo and it seems to me that by now Bejo should know where they're going to place their various varieties for 2011 b'c catalogs and websites will be changed soon.

I urged Elaine to try and convince Bejo to place these varieties at seed companies where folks could buy small pack amounts, not just with large commercial firms.

That's all I could do is to suggest and to promote greater access to these seeds. I mean Randy's Smarty F1 is at Johnny's, but I didn't take the time to see if seed for that one was produced and distributed by Bejo as well.
I sent an email to Bejo last week about Mountain Magic seed availability for 2011 and got two emails from Bejo today.

First email: We are still not sure about the availability of seed for 2011. Seedway will be distributing the seed, as will Johnny’s. You can contact them, but they don’t know anything yet. I believe that we will know more about availability in a few months.

I replied, "thanks, looking forward to purchasing from Johnny's."

Then second email said: If some time passes and you haven't heard anything about supply, feel free to contact me again for an update. [Ken McCammon]

Seems Bejo is aware of the demand and is striving to supply Mountain Magic seeds. Must be an issue still to be resolved by seed producers.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2010   #63
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloken View Post
Try this link, I think Carolyn's is trying to read their mail or some thing
http://www.bejoseeds.com/web/pages/b...d=2242&menuid=

I';ve tried the link you gave and if you look at the thread in the NCSU varieties here at Tville you'll see that several of us have tried to find what the seed sources will be for Mt Magic and Plum Regal for 2011, with no luck at all and I know that I think I've been through every Bejo website, as well as Seedway, that I can find.

And now see what Travis wrote below about availability.
Old September 30, 2010   #64
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I sent an email to Bejo last week about Mountain Magic seed availability for 2011 and got two emails from Bejo today.

First email: We are still not sure about the availability of seed for 2011. Seedway will be distributing the seed, as will Johnny’s. You can contact them, but they don’t know anything yet. I believe that we will know more about availability in a few months.

I replied, "thanks, looking forward to purchasing from Johnny's."

Then second email said: If some time passes and you haven't heard anything about supply, feel free to contact me again for an update. [Ken McCammon]

Seems Bejo is aware of the demand and is striving to supply Mountain Magic seeds. Must be an issue still to be resolved by seed producers.
I knew it was going to be Seedway, which doesn't help those others than large commercial tomato growers, so I'm glad it might well be Johnny's, which I was pushing with Elaine as well as TGS.

But a few more months isn't goi8ng to help Johnny's, who as your contact says, doesn't even know about it yet, ahem, b'c they update their website and get out their catalogs as some of the first ones out there.

Travis, are you e-mailing someone in the Netherlands while I'm e-mailing Bejo at their US place here in NYS?

No mailer deamon back on my em to ELaine, so I'm still hoping to hear something back. After the no show of seeds last year they must be under a lot of pressure this year.
Old September 30, 2010   #65
travis
Tomatovillian™

Ken McCammon [k.mccammon@bejoseeds.com] is the email address I've got.
Old September 30, 2010   #66
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Ken McCammon [k.mccammon@bejoseeds.com] is the email address I've got.
.....and e.sinniger@bejoseeds.com is what I have.

Folks, please don't use the addy I have or the one Travis has b'c we're already in touch with these folks.

Travis, if either of us were in touch with someone in at Bejo in the Netherlands the addy would have "nl" at the end of the e-mail address.

So, as is oft said, it looks like time will tell.

I was thinking of e-mailing Rob Johnston at Johnny's b'c I know him but Travis, when your person said that Johnny's doesn't even know about it right now, I said to myself, Carolyn, let it go b'c b'c you've done what you can as has Travis. I will say that in the Spring I was talking to Linda Sapp at TGS and asked if she had a Bejo rep and she said yes, but I don't know if there was any followthrough with that.

It looks like I'll just have to hoard my few remaining Mt Magic F1 seeds until I know what's up with commercial seed distribution.
Old September 30, 2010   #67
travis
Tomatovillian™

My take on it was that Johnny's will carry Mountain Magic seed if available, but there's no point in contacting them now because they wouldn't know any more than Seedway or McCammon whether or how much seed will be available at this point in time.
Old October 8, 2010   #68
frogsleap farm
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the seed Earl. Just read about an interesting new hybrid from U of Florida: Tasti-lee. http://ffsp.net/resources/itn0802announceack.pdf

To be distributed by Bejo (delays again?) Anyone with seed?

Last edited by frogsleap farm; October 8, 2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: fixing link
frogsleap farm is offline   Reply With Quote