Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old July 4, 2009   #16
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Your oven hasn't been working? What model is it? I have a GE and it has started having problems that I have isolated the problem to a common relay. I may have an extra one we are having the same problem.

Good to hear that your MD variaties are doing well, this will add to our variaty at the gig.

Greg
Old July 5, 2009   #17
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Hey, Greg -

I'll mention the relay problem to DH Dave, but our oven is an ancient Magic Chef gas model from 60s or maybe the 70s. It looks just like the one I remember my parents having when I was a kid, and came with the house when we moved in around 17 years ago. One day Dave and I were baking a pizza, and it just stopped. Dave doesn't want to get rid of it until we redo the kitchen, since he'll have to move the oven when he puts in new floor tiles. Plus, our kitchen is so small, we want to get a 24-inch range instead of the usual 30-inch. We've been doing fine with just the toaster oven, microwave, crockpot and George Foreman grill since then. I've even baked cookies in the toaster oven! The stovetop still works, but the oven is now just used for pot and pan storage.

The oven wasn't as old as our Norge clothes dryer that went up a few years ago (also gas) - the instruction booklet shows drawings of a woman who looks suspicially like Jane Jetson.

You should see our kitchen sink - it's original to the house (Great Depression-era) and is probably the smallest farm sink that Standard (Not even "American Standard yet!) ever produced. It has a deco/streamline-design cabinet installed under it that is too small to fit a dishwasher in. So we have an 18-inch rolling portable dishwasher, which takes up even MORE space in the tiny room.

All of which has nothing to do with tomatoes. Oh well, hope all you Tomatovillians had a fabulous Fourth!