Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29, 2013   #1
Siberian
Tomatovillian™

Default Any 'recipes' for non-GMO fertilizer?

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any homemade mix suggestions for non-liquid fertilizers that can be mixed directly into the soil (I use compost but find supplemental feeding necessary). There are a number of good products I have used but most contain some type of GMO ingredient like alfalfa or cottonseed. Also trying to avoid beef-based products like bonemeal.

I'm trying to stick with powders/granulars as I apply a number of biological products via foliar spray and I'd prefer to avoid something like a liquid fish/kelp mix which requires spraying and could reduce efficacy of the biologicals. Also i Just find it easier to mix something into the soil directly before planting.

If anyone is aware of commercially available products that fit the bill, list them here. I'm more than willing to make my own at home.

Between non-GMO, non-bovine based, and granular/powder only -- you can see how it gets challenging. Thoughts welcome!
Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote