Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 26, 2013   #16
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

And we thought Penny and pepper Joe were bad!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013   #17
austinnhanasmom
Tomatovillian™

I ordered from them years ago, received a packet of seeds that was empty (!!) and found the staff less then helpful.

Germination was average.

I get average germination from a few of the preferred vendors on this site.

If Reimer's was the only available vendor for a "must have" seed, I would give it a shot.

But, there are so many excellent vendors out there that I tend to skip the vendors who sell me seeds with average germination, when ever possible.
austinnhanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013   #18
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgan View Post
I ordered from Reimer in the past. No better or worse than any on-line seller. You pays your money and takes your chances. I don't remember anything particularly irritating about the seeds received, but this is possible since I don't pay much attention and only grow a few plants for home use.
When you're only growing a few plants, I would think it's rather crucial that you get the seeds you requested instead of wrong varieties or crosses due to carelessness and laziness on the part of the vendor. But that's just me. When I buy something from a company, I expect the contents of the envelope to match the label.

There are any number of methods which can be used to ensure seed purity and are well within the budget of $3 a packet.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote