Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 1, 2019   #1
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Default We lost another legend in the gardening world

Tuesday Donald Ducote passed away. Ya'll probably know him as WebCajun from his YouTube videos or from visiting the http://www.thebayougardener.com/ and the forum.

He was one of the first in the YouTube community to post about gardening and always had a calm demeanor that left you feeling like you knew him or knew someone like him in your family.

I'm glad I had the chance to meet him at the get togethers for the Bayou Gardener forum. The get togethers were a once a year "meet & greet" to put a face to a forum name over a good meal that was either prepared there or a potluck sometimes with both and usually too much food to eat. It was more about fellowship and gardening talk than any thing else. As big as the world is you would be amazed how much more you have in common with your fellow forum members, we even had Vince come over from Australia. That's a love for gardening.

I'm sure most of Ya'll know MHP Gardener, he's been a long time member of the forum and made a video about Donald years ago, once he leaned about his passing he made another one that truly shows how much influence Donald had on him and so many others.

R.I.P. Mr Donald, you'll be missed but never forgotten.
Old August 1, 2019   #2
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Rest in peace Donald I loved your videos.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2019   #3
bbjm
Tomatovillian™

Sad to hear he passed. I watched a lot of his videos. He home gardened at an industrial scale, but I still learned new things. He'll be missed.
bbjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2019   #4
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

I've watched those before. RIP