Tomatoville® Gardening Forums


Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2019   #46
peebee
Tomatovillian™
 
peebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,697
Default

I agree, Margaret Curtain is now one of my favs also, thanks to you Marsha for the seeds and introducing it to us here.
I also had Olive Hill from Remy, like natural posted, but it was not remarkable in any way back when I grew it several years ago so I never grew it again. But now I'll have to try it one more time since you rave about it here. Ok, twist my arm Marsha!
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #47
clara
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,274
Default

Marsha, are you sure that Napa Chardonnay has a bit of antho on top? I could never decide if it was a hint of antho or light brown....
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #48
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Marsha, are you sure that Napa Chardonnay has a bit of antho on top? I could never decide if it was a hint of antho or light brown....
I'm pretty sure it's antho because of the dark stems.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #49
clara
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,274
Default

Okay, but when you have a look at your own tomatoes (wonderful pic btw!) , would you call that color "antho"? Without the stems, when only looking at the tomatoes, I can't decide which color it is.
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #50
MI Farmer
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zone 4b/5a
Posts: 54
Default

Your pics sure were a sight for these Michigan January eyes, Marsha. Thanks for posting those beauties.

Ironically, I ordered Curtis Cheek just yesterday to trial. How would you rate its productivity?


Sue
MI Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #51
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Okay, but when you have a look at your own tomatoes (wonderful pic btw!) , would you call that color "antho"? Without the stems, when only looking at the tomatoes, I can't decide which color it is.
Yes, it is antho. Thank you for the nice compliment.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #52
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Farmer View Post
Your pics sure were a sight for these Michigan January eyes, Marsha. Thanks for posting those beauties.

Ironically, I ordered Curtis Cheek just yesterday to trial. How would you rate its productivity?


Sue
It's not bad on productivity. I've seen a lot that were worse, not as good as some I would call productive. The fruit are huge, and taste oh so good.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #53
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee View Post
I agree, Margaret Curtain is now one of my favs also, thanks to you Marsha for the seeds and introducing it to us here.
I also had Olive Hill from Remy, like natural posted, but it was not remarkable in any way back when I grew it several years ago so I never grew it again. But now I'll have to try it one more time since you rave about it here. Ok, twist my arm Marsha!
Maybe you need different Olive Hill seeds. Some will be ready in a few weeks.(if Tville stays open)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2019   #54
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™
 
Nan_PA_6b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Maybe you need different Olive Hill seeds. Some will be ready in a few weeks.(if Tville stays open)
Is Tomatoville in danger of being eliminated?
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #55
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
Is Tomatoville in danger of being eliminated?
I actually have no idea, I dont know anymore than anyone else. I was just sort of joking.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #56
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Yesterday's photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190105_153346.jpg (258.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_153755.jpg (292.6 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_154039.jpg (265.6 KB, 256 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #57
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

Some of my dwarfs. This is the first time I have grown Mr. Snow, and I am absolutely in love with it. I can not believe how delicious it is. Molasses is a PL multiflora dwarf. Second year growing Not Coorong Pink, Craig L. says it hasn't been named yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190105_154441.jpg (213.1 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_154942.jpg (317.1 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_155412.jpg (269.8 KB, 255 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #58
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™
 
ginger2778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Plantation, Florida zone 10
Posts: 9,292
Default

This gorgeous orange heart is Nizami. Stingy on seeds, I think I will have to save from about 5 fruit. This was so hard to come by, and only 1 of 8 seeds germinated for me, but I got lucky. Thank you Shelley for the seeds, I'll pass it along, because it's sweet, meaty, and delicious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190105_160002.jpg (217.1 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 20190105_160731.jpg (286.8 KB, 254 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #59
natural
Tomatovillian™
 
natural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North GA
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Some of my dwarfs. This is the first time I have grown Mr. Snow, and I am absolutely in love with it. I can not believe how delicious it is. Molasses is a PL multiflora dwarf. Second year growing Not Coorong Pink, Craig L. says it hasn't been named yet.
Since you like Mr. Snow, have you grown Summertime Green? It is from the same cross and is very good (and I know you like GWRs).

Bill
natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019   #60
MdTNGrdner
Tomatovillian™
 
MdTNGrdner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 562
Default

"Molasses is a PL multiflora dwarf" What a visual; that must be something to see!!!

Nizami is lovely.

Timely and beautiful pictures of ripe tomatoes, thank you thank you.
__________________
~Bee
MdTNGrdner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2019 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★