Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Tomatopalooza™ event information and discussion forum. Held annually in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.

Old January 10, 2008   #1
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

Default International visitors for Tomatopalooza 2008...

... please post here!

I'm all booked, flights organised, deposit paid! I'll be touching down in Raleigh on July 20th, staying with Craig and Sue Lehoullier. I'm lucky because I got in first, hahahaha Following T'palooza I depart on 28th to go to Honolulu for a couple days on my way back to Australia. And I'll need to start seedlings almost immediately I get back home, certainly no later than the end of the first week in August!

Soooooo...... how many Tomatovillians will I get to meet, eh? Jennifer, any chance of you coming down to T'palooza? I'm sorry I just couldn't squeeze in Canada. My around-the-world ticket allowed me 26,000 km, and I came in at 25,993 (or 25,995 something like that) so I just made it 8)

Anyone coming over from the UK or Europe? Lets meet at T'palooza 2008! Carolyn, feel like venturing south and meeting up with all your favourite tomato people? (Seriously!)

Patrina
Old January 10, 2008   #2
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

Dear heart, I was already thinking about it or SSE's annual camp-out. Now I'm going to get serious about checking details.

Me
with hugs
Old January 10, 2008   #3
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Guess I better get to updating the web site!

July 26th it is!
Location is still to be determined (I believe).
Time 1~4ish pm.

Let's just hope we get enough rain to have a decent crop this
year... (However funny enough, of the few days it rained last summer, Tomatopalooza[tm] V was one of them!)

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #4
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

As far as I know we have been invited back to the Efland farm...Jimmy??? Is that your understanding???
Old January 10, 2008   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Carolyn, feel like venturing south and meeting up with all your favourite tomato people? (Seriously!)

Oh how I feel like it Patrina, but it isn't going to happen. After the two months in the wheelchair last summer after the femur fracture when the right new hip went in that right leg where I severed all four of the quad muscles just has not returned to the the function and strength it had before, and that's function with only 3/4 quads functional.

Its' so bad that I was scared to even go out and drive my car last Fall. I have to put the walker in the back seat and then handwalk to the driver's door and reverse the process when leaving the car and it's the hand walking along the car that's now scary.

Getting to the Albany airport is not easy for me at all and negotiating airports and transfers, even with those scooter things they have at airports is not something I feel I can do.

So home I must stay, unfortunately, although I think you know how much I'd love to be there. BTW, I'm not even allowed to use my walker on my lawn, and that's yet another problem re all lawns. Sigh.
Old January 31, 2008   #6
Fried Okra
Tomatovillian™

Yes - of course we want to host Tp6! We will fight anyone else who tries to host it. A yard full of tomatoes and nice people? It does not get any better than that. And this year our new barn will be able to cover us if it rains (!?!?). Sorry I haven't been on tomatoville lately. But our seeds are coming in, summer is around the corner....
Fried Okra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #7
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, me and many European members will be happy to see all this crazy tomato party via a web-camera

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #8
tomatoaddict

I think Phreddy and his wife should come.
Old January 12, 2008   #9
phreddy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoaddict View Post
I think Phreddy and his wife should come.
Wow! Is this an all expences paid trip, Terry? You Americans are so generous but I don't think that it would be possible this year but thanks so much for the offer.

Last edited by phreddy; January 12, 2008 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
phreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #10
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, could you travel by car comfortably? I'm willing to swing by and get you if you're willing and able. And any OT or PSW-type stuff necessary would be old hat for me, as you know. Just a thought, but there's no need to decide now.

Jennifer
Old January 11, 2008   #11
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Tomatopalooza '08? I'm getting excited about it already, and will consider it to be quite the pleasure and honor to spend the day hanging out with Patrina and anyone else who can attend.

Another fun tomato gathering in store, for sure!
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2008   #12
Raymondo
Tomatovillian™

I'm planning on being there. I also want to spend some time visiting some other places (Heritage Farm in Iowa for one). Haven't booked or even looked at flights or accommodation, but there's plenty of time still.
How far from anywhere is the venue?
Old January 16, 2008   #13
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

I have it on my calendar and hope nothing comes in the way of attending. I would love to meet some of my TV friends.
Old January 16, 2008   #14
chellestar83
Tomatovillian™

I was unable to make it in 2007 but I have already marked my calander! I'm lucky enough to live in the great state of NC so it's not a far drive for me.
chellestar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2008   #15
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

For those people who are coming in from distant lands (Australia, Canada, Texas, Massachusetts, Georgia, Michigan, etc) - please try to schedule your trip to leave a free day on either end. Once Sue and I get a handle of who will be around when, we would like to have you to our house for a meal. (we can put Patrina to work on the kitchen!!!!....). We are really looking forward to the event! Now if we will get some rain so that we can actually grow some tomatoes this year!