Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Tomatopalooza™ event information and discussion forum. Held annually in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.

Old June 26, 2008   #1
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default Tomatopalooza VI - July 26 2008 - please read!

All,

We are starting to gear up for final plans for the event. Lee and I would love to get an idea of attendee numbers - could you please drop me an email - nctomatoman@gmail.com - with your intent to attend, how many, etc. I will also be updating my web site, and we will update the TPalooza web site with the same request. This will give us a very base, rough number (we will likely be at least double the requests, but we need to start somewhere!). Thanks!
Old July 3, 2008   #2
JimmyWu
Tomatovillian™

Hi Craig...

If I can get the down time, I'm coming and maybe bringing some maters to boot !!!

-Jimmy
Old July 14, 2008   #3
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

OK, folks - less than two weeks away! We are now on the home stretch of planning, and we can't wait for the event. Here in Raleigh, anyway, the tomatoes seem to be behaving and should be plentiful! Some critical info is below - please read and reply if/when asked.

We are still trying to get numbers, so if you haven't done so, please send Craig an email at nctomatoman@gmail.com and state how many of you will attend.

We are going to have a check in area this year - you will fill in a name tag, make a donation if you wish (which goes strictly to organization of the event), and fill out a logbook with name and contact info - I am trying to get a good email circulation list together.

We will be asking for volunteers to help us out - rotating through stations such as the check in table, parking, slicing, food table, and trash monitoring. If you are interested in helping us, let us know....and if you have a preference.

We will have a food table again - please feel free to bring something to share with everyone!

We hope to provide a bit more information for participants - crossing demo (courtesy of Patrina!), and guides to doing this and that (seed saving, seed starting, container gardening, disease management) prepared by Lee and/or Craig.

We will provide water, but please do bring chairs!

I may have forgotten some things....Lee, what else?

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!