Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Tomatopalooza™ event information and discussion forum. Held annually in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.

Old January 17, 2008   #16
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

As probably the only one of you who has spent time in the kitchen with Patrina. Yipppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just don't ask her to use a recipe or repeat anything exactly. And expect HEAT.

Hugs n hugs, dear heart. If I come, I'll bring those beers and cider. Will ask for head counts later as I know Craig is also a bit fond of a good brew. Paperwork needed, no doubt.

Ray?? And Michael coming too??? With Rosalina???
The camp-out option fades into oblivion....

Jennifer, telling tales out of schoo.....the kitchen
Old January 17, 2008   #17
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

OK, I feel I need to contribute something to this mini-Tomatoville meeting as well. I'm gonna send some traditional mixes of spices from Caucases (former Soviet Union) to use at the kitchen by Patrina and Jennifer to cook something unusual for all of attenders. We can make agree to cook a special Russian dish with tomatoes and other veggies as well

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2008   #18
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Jenifer-Rosalina will be coming also. Now I have to protect my calendar so nothing gets put on it.
Old January 17, 2008   #19
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Checking things out for July 26th. And I hope it is at the same wonderful location as last year.

Should we try to get in Friday night, or Friday morning? And leaving Monday morning?

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2008   #20
Rena
Tomatovillian™

I am going. I would not miss it. My Mom is coming from Florida to watch my kids
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2008   #21
tomatoaddict

Quote:
I am going. I would not miss it. My Mom is coming from Florida to watch my kids

Whooo hoooo!!!!! I'm going too Rena. We will have so much fun. Maybe if we speak with a French accent, Craig will invite us to the international dinner. Oui, Oui
Old January 17, 2008   #22
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoaddict View Post

Whooo hoooo!!!!! I'm going too Rena. We will have so much fun. Maybe if we speak with a French accent, Craig will invite us to the international dinner. Oui, Oui
And some wine
Old January 17, 2008   #23
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

Andrey, what a super idea! You'll be there with us for our international dinner in spirit (and seasonings) Jennifer, come hell or high water, this is a meeting we'll never forget, and Carolyn, I'd be willing to bet that people would navigate hell and high water in order to make it possible to meet your needs.... please just keep it in the back of your mind for a wee bit?

Michael, I can't wait to meet you and Rosa - I'm very excited, having shared seeds and having received such helpful advice in the past... it will be an honour

I am so looking forward to meeting all of you T'villians - please come if you can!

Patrina
Old January 17, 2008   #24
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Sounds like a blast, wish I didn't live so far away, I love a good PARTY!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2008   #25
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Yes, Patrina, this is my target. I'll try to organize my part in spring and hope to have good debates about a special tomato dish from former USSR

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; January 26, 2008 at 03:03 PM.
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2008   #26
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

For those who are travelling and are seeking hotels - this is to give guidance for good options, based on where some stayed last year...and just to share a few suggestions.

So, Mischka, Suze, Feldon and Rena - where did you end up staying last year, and did would you recommend it again?

If we do indeed have the event in Efland, as we did last year, it will be a bit of a drive if you wish to be near the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. I noted that there is a Hampton Inn in Mebane, which is close to Efland - but further from the Raleigh area.

Another option is to look for a Hampton Inn in the Raleigh or Chapel Hill area (if you Google Hampton Inn, there are lots) - the reason I mention them is that we've found them to be the most reliable chain when we travel.

Anyway, I know that Michael wanted to start pondering where to stay, and others probably are as well = so let the discussion begin!
Old January 26, 2008   #27
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

We stayed in north Cary, NC, in a hotel right off of I-40 on Page Rd., which is just west of the Raleigh-Durham airport. We were approximately 20 miles (30 minutes) from Efland. By Texas standards, that's practically next door!

I found it to be very convenient to Efland. I would assume we can take 540 around Durham to get to your place, while avoiding traffic. I'm pretty good with navigation as long as I've got a map.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2008   #28
Rena
Tomatovillian™

I left TP and drove until I could not take the whining any longer and just found a place. I do like Hampton Inns and I also like Doubletrees. I will research this and report back.
I am soooo Excited!!
Old January 26, 2008   #29
chellestar83
Tomatovillian™

feldon30, I used to live in Cary, NC. It's a very nice place. My DH actually said earlier today that since I love tomatoes so much he was going to take me to tomatopalooza this year (he had wanted it to be a surprise but didn't think he could pull it off - and what he doesn't know is that I had already planned to drag him out there .
chellestar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2008   #30
Raymondo
Tomatovillian™

I was planning on staying in Raleigh itself. How far is that from the venue?

**Note to self: Get a map ... and a plane ticket!