Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19, 2016   #11
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

High tunnel tomatoes are improving. I have to wait until they ripen fully to make sure there is no whitefly damage, but so far it looks like only the very first fruit had damage. I have a kitchen counter full of tomatoes, and have started giving them away. I will probably be at market next week.

Agatha is the clear winner among my determinates: http://i.imgur.com/I7p4t56.jpg

It was my first big red tomato. The flavor is very good. Agatha will replace Titan Red as my go-to determinate. Tania lists it as a saladette, but my fruit have been full-sized.

Despite being the most sensitive to fungal issues, and too compact for high tunnel growing, Sol Gold is really not that bad of a variety. It does yield well for its size. Flavor is not bad, but honestly only marginally better than Taxi. Sol Gold reminds me of a yellow version of Cole.

I just noticed yesterday that I had also planted a Shadow Boxing in the high tunnel: http://i.imgur.com/BcXMqJv.jpg

Productive from Altai is yielding a decent quantity of nice-looking, flattened beefsteaks. I haven't eaten any yet, but it's looking to be a decent market variety. Russian Soul is very similar.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote