Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 19, 2016   #16
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

The reason I said what I did was I ate a reaper whole and it actually was less hot to me that Naga Viper I ate a few years ago. It wont kill you to eat super hots, but you may wish you were for a little while.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2016   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I never could understand why people think you can be hurt eating peppers.
It simply isn't so.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2016   #18
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Some people go into shock. Several people have been hospitalized, though I couldn't tell you the exact reasons.

Or the type of hospital.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2016   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Some people go into shock. Several people have been hospitalized, though I couldn't tell you the exact reasons.

Or the type of hospital.
I think they just went to the hospital for no good reason like many people run off the the emergency room for silly stuff.
They were in pain and couldn't take it.
I think the tossing your cookies is the same thing some people throw up when they are in pain.
Not one time has my stomach bothered me from eating peppers.

A compound fracture darn near made me throw up.
I had a guy tell me that his grandson ate some peppers and it peeled the skin off his mouth.
This is BS and we both know it.

The other day I sneezed with habanero peppers in my mouth.
It all ended up in my nose and everywhere.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2016   #20
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
If you have already eaten the world's hottest pepper - you already know the precautions to take.

If you haven't eaten a pepper this hot, I would say to wrap them in a disposable baby diaper and bury them at least 12' deep. Maybe that'll help rid the world of one food that can kill you. Maybe?

Just be careful.
I wasn't being serious about the dying part or burying the peppers 12 feet under in a disposable baby diaper (That isn't supposed to decompose for a million years) - I should have made myself clear on not being serious. I looked this up a while back when I read there are some hot peppers that will eat the skin off of your fingers if you touched the seeds. I had to go back to find the site - Here it is.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-eati...ct-body-330042 There is a video on this site, but it's not related.

I was/am being serious about the "Just be careful" part.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2016   #21
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I wasn't being serious about the dying part or burying the peppers 12 feet under in a disposable baby diaper (That isn't supposed to decompose for a million years) - I should have made myself clear on not being serious. I looked this up a while back when I read there are some hot peppers that will eat the skin off of your fingers if you touched the seeds. I had to go back to find the site - Here it is.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-eati...ct-body-330042 There is a video on this site, but it's not related.

I was/am being serious about the "Just be careful" part.
My buddy had a scar on his tongue for 8 years after he stupidly cut a Jamaican scotch bonnet in half, and rubbed it there. He proclaimed it ain't even hot for about, one Mississippi, two Mississippi, BAM!
Hellmanns is offline   Reply With Quote