Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old February 6, 2007   #1
creister
Tomatovillian™

Default Epoch Siberia, and Siberian

I saw all of these at Sandhill, but have never grown them before. How are they for growing in small (5 gal) containers? Are any of them dwarfs? What about productivity and taste? (I know they are usually relative to the grower's taste buds and environment).
creister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2007   #2
Tania
Tomatovillian™

creister,

I am growing Siberian first time this year, and it does look like a dwarf plant to me so far, so I am sure it'll do just fine in 5 gal container.

Here is a picture of a 2 months old seedling (started Dec 3, fruit set Feb 8, which means it is a super-early type as well)

More pictures (in chronological order) can be found at http://t-garden.homeip.net/2007/tomatoes/Siberian/

If you end up growing Epoch Siberian, I'd love to hear about your experience!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2007   #3
creister
Tomatovillian™

That Siberian plant looks good! When I typed the subject, I meant to put a comma between Epoch and Siberia. Unfortunatley, I will have to wait until fall or next year to try them. This year I am trying Patio King and Extreme Bush.

I am also growing New Big Dwarf, Silvery Fir Tree, and Sophie's Choice all of which I grew last year.
creister is offline   Reply With Quote