Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 19, 2018   #1
PdxMatos
Tomatovillian™

Default Can anyone help identify this?

I started some seedlings a month ago and they were coming up fine in their plugs, but soon after I transplanted them into pots, they started having all sorts of trouble. Leaves drooping and turning purple. (Photos 1 and 2) Leaves not quite growing right, and yellowing and curling up at the edges. (Photos 3 and 4) and some plants becoming badly deformed, so much that I gave up and pulled them up. (Photos 5 and 6)

The soil seems in the 'green zone' according to my moisture gauge. There should be plenty of nutrients. They are indoors under a grow light, so their temperature and humidity is fairly consistent. There are a few insects flying about, but it doesn't look like insect damage, and it is affecting many varieties (albeit in quite different ways) some of which are fairly disease resistant. In fact the worst affected seem to be BigBeef and Maxifort which are resistant to most things.

Did I do something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drooping.jpg (153.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Purple.jpg (202.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg abnormal_leaf.jpg (267.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg leaf-curl.jpg (251.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg gnarled.jpg (183.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg dead.jpg (154.9 KB, 102 views)
PdxMatos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purple , unknown disease , wilt , yellow