Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Interested in planning your own tomato-tasting event? Post your ideas and/or plans here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9, 2010   #1
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomato Day 2010 in Wisconsin

Just a post to remind people our second Tomato Day will be Sunday Aug 29, 2010 from noon to 4 pm. Our farm is about 35 miles north of Milwaukee and 4 miles northeast of West Bend.

The plants are doing better than last year, but so are the weeds. I don't think we will be able to get things as cleaned up as we had it last year. But hopefully you will be able to at least find the plants if you decide to walk the fields.

We should have a whole lot more varieties ripe this year as we've had the heat we never got last year. Last year we were a bit disorganized, yet everyone seemed to have a good time. Except me. I was totally hyper all day. We hope to have tables for the various types of tomatoes like pink, yellow, cherry etc and have a sheet for judging which is liked best. Something like that anyway.

I hope some of my fellow TVers from Wisconsin are able to get here.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote