Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Old August 4, 2017   #31
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I think I would blanch and freeze some of it on the cob.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2017   #32
nickel plate
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
you have posted 7 times. many of the threads tend to veer off into other topics in a heartbeat. you either have to roll with it or turn off the notifications if it annoys you or find another site that is rigid and stays on topic to the nth degree. that sounds really interesting. mmm hmm.humor is the breath of life. breathe.
Figured it would happen-thank you clkeiper for dog piling on with your "you have posted 7 times" I'm a newbie remark.
I've been vegetable gardening for over thirty years and have just this year branched out into a larger scale of corn planting with the incentive of corn blanch/freezing.
All I wanted was a possibly better tool to extract the kernels via input from the Tomatoville forum-your post failed in that respect.
I have recently purchased a Kuhn Rikon Corn Zipper thanks to several here that made the positive recommendations.
Guess I'm now up to eight posts.
nickel plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2017   #33
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn K is my sister from another mother I will protect her to the ends of the earth.
I am happy you found what you needed to do your corn.
Worth
Old August 4, 2017   #34
nickel plate
Tomatovillian™

Worth1, I understand you for supporting your sister's remarks albeit right or wrong.
Your posts in the past have enriched my vegetable gardening....
Old August 4, 2017   #35
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I think I would blanch and freeze some of it on the cob.

Worth
Yeah, ya know, so many swear by that method...but 3-4 ears of corn off the cob is a
perfect tiny package in the freezer. Enough for a winter chowder. Everything freezes
best without air. The cob center is all air. Takes up freezer space I don't have.
And it did not at all taste fresh like off the cob frozen. Tried it once.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2017   #36
imp
Tomatovillian™

Okay, on topic. I myself use a knife, sometimes a ceramic shorter one, sometimes a slightly flexible Chicago Carbon knife. As far as wasting some of the kernels, I don't worry about that because at some point in doing the corn, I will make up a bag or 2 for corn chowder or creamed corn.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #37
zeuspaul
Tomatovillian™

nickel plate, welcome to Tomatoville edit: hmmm you joined in 2012?!
zeuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #38
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel plate View Post
Figured it would happen-thank you clkeiper for dog piling on with your "you have posted 7 times" I'm a newbie remark.
I've been vegetable gardening for over thirty years and have just this year branched out into a larger scale of corn planting with the incentive of corn blanch/freezing.
All I wanted was a possibly better tool to extract the kernels via input from the Tomatoville forum-your post failed in that respect.
I have recently purchased a Kuhn Rikon Corn Zipper thanks to several here that made the positive recommendations.
Guess I'm now up to eight posts.
I hope the tool you are buying works well for you.

One the other hand, back off on the attitude thing with Carolyn. She is a respected member of this forum, generous with time, seeds and advice to many and more. She made a factual post that was nothing like a dog pile.

Rudeness and being uncalled for nasty to other members is against the rules and you've been called on it, gently, in this thread, and now, in a not so gentle way by me. So, just cut it out.

Carolyn is some one I consider a friend and I don't like my friends picked on.

I hope you get it together and join in in many of the conversations in a nice way in the future.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #39
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

I also have one of these and it works too, you can adjust the height of the blade and remove the part that scraps all the milk out and makes cream corm.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...SABEgKbW_D_BwE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corn cutter.jpg (53.2 KB, 52 views)
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #40
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

I would delete my posts if I could, since they were so annoying, but I can't even find the edit tool for some reason. Since Carolyn's is gone, maybe she knows how and can remove mine for me, as well.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #41
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
I would delete my posts if I could, since they were so annoying, but I can't even find the edit tool for some reason. Since Carolyn's is gone, maybe she knows how and can remove mine for me, as well.

Sue, don't even consider it! I don't see anything wrong with your posts. Could you imagine what this place would be like if all of us who posted something off topic in a thread went back and deleted it? There would hardly be anything left!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017   #42
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

Balderdash.

You cant edit after 24 hours of posting.

Worth
Old August 5, 2017   #43
nickel plate
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuspaul View Post
nickel plate, welcome to Tomatoville edit: hmmm you joined in 2012?!
And your point is?
Old August 5, 2017   #44
nickel plate
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
SueCT, I reread your first post and you did mention a "chef's knife" as a way that you remove corn kernels from the cob-totally missed it as your photo visual receipt totally in a good way overwhelmed your text.
Annoying, no.
Old August 5, 2017   #45
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I dont think there is a point I think they just realized that you have been here for some time.
Many people are active members by looking logging on and not posting.
Some have sent me PM's in the past and never post and have been here for a coons age.

Worth