Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old June 15, 2019   #1
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Default Snow Princess white cherry tomato

For those of you who like to grow novelty tomatoes, I saw this seed packet at Lowe's this morning. The tomato is supposed to be a white cherry that can be grown in containers, but I can find no information on it anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0615191115.jpg (239.1 KB, 106 views)
Old June 15, 2019   #2
groovy70s
Tomatovillian™

Default Snow White Cherry Apparently Renamed As Snow Princess

I bought a pack of these a few months ago because I'd never heard of this variety before. When I got home I did some research and it appears it's actually Snow White cherry just renamed as Snow Princess. If they haven't changed it, when you use their app referenced on the seed pack and watch the video for these seeds, they actually call them Snow White cherry in the video if I'm not mistaken (it's been a few months, lol). Very frustrating to me seeing an already named variety being called something else. In my opinion the name change appears to be for marketing purposes to better get the attention of children. In the pic I'm attaching you can see their old packaging with the Snow White cherry name and also the new packaging with the Snow Princess name. The name has changed but you can see the image on the packet has not.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snow White Princess.jpg (458.0 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by groovy70s; June 15, 2019 at 06:09 PM.
groovy70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019   #3
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Good detective work, Groovy. Are you going to grow it?
Old June 15, 2019   #4
groovy70s
Tomatovillian™

No, after I realized it was actually Snow White cherry and I already had that variety from a couple of different sources I took the packet back for a refund, lol. No need to give them money for renaming an already named variety. But if you haven't grown Snow White cherry I'd recommend it. I grew it last year and it was delicious and not just for an OP variety. It's a great tasting tomato in my opinion.
Old June 15, 2019   #5
HudsonValley
Tomatovillian™

Cool package; deceptive labelling. I'm growing Snow White cherry this year and looking forward to it. I tried Super Snow White (large cherry) last year and it was outstanding. It would definitely grow well in a large container, since it's somewhat compact. Hoping regular Snow White is a taller, more productive plant.
HudsonValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019   #6
groovy70s
Tomatovillian™

HudsonValley, I also have Super Snow White seeds but haven't tried them yet. From what I understand they are supposed to be like Snow White, only a little larger. I need to put those on my grow list for next year. My Snow White were delicious and I'm sure the SSW are going to be awesome as well. Thanks for the positive comment on SSW. Looking forward to trying it.
Old June 17, 2019   #7
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

So I became intrigued by the good reviews of Snow White, so I ordered a packet of seeds from Tomato Growers Supply.
Old June 17, 2019   #8
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the great reviews on Snow White and SSW. I have seeds, but never got around to trying them. I think I'm going to go mad growing a lot of cherries next season .

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2019   #9
arnorrian
Tomatovillian™

I grew Snow White last year. I got it as Belosnezhka (Snow White in Slavic languages). It grew very vigorously, and it was the last variety to die off in mid November after surviving a couple of frosts in late late October. Tasty, pale yellow.

Some pics:

arnorrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2019   #10
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Arnorrian, your photos are wonderful! Such beautiful and colorful fruit.

You should post your photos in the General Discussion area of this site, under We Need More Tomato Plant Pictures. I know everyone would be glad to see them.

Last edited by SpookyShoe; June 18, 2019 at 11:40 AM.
SpookyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18, 2019   #11
arnorrian
Tomatovillian™

Thanks!
arnorrian is offline   Reply With Quote