Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 20, 2018   #1
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Default Cubanelle replant success!!

Early last Sat. morning I went about reseeding because after 2 weeks the Cubanelle just weren't germinating in the 4 sections of my 8 section tray. I very carefully found the seeds all were inert not a good sign, so I removed them and reseeded each of the 4 sections with seed I had soaked in water for 24hrs.. You can imagine how surprised I was this morning when I was checking my grow box I do this 2 or 3 times every day, I have tomato & Shish-ito pepper seedlings that are starting to develop true leaves and I'm holding back fertilizing them til all have developed true leaves. I 'm lloking atthe 4sections where I reseeded the Cubanelle and in just 4 days I see 3 sections have tiny plants starting to emerge... Success I don't know if watering the seeds for 24hrs made the difference or not, but I sure am happy! Here's a pic of the 4 sections I reseeded.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greenhouse&Cubanella 004.jpg (694.2 KB, 67 views)
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2018   #2
eyegrotom
Tomatovillian™

I am going to start some cubanelle seeds in the next day or two,I think that I will try the 24 hour soak method
eyegrotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2018   #3
Jetstar
Tomatovillian™

Eyegrotom, its the only thing I did different this time, I was shocked to see the seedlings this morning too!
Jetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2018   #4
eyegrotom
Tomatovillian™

Hi Jetstar I soaked some seeds overnight and planted them today I will let you know when they come up Mike
eyegrotom is offline   Reply With Quote