Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old August 20, 2013   #241
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
Hey Steve,

Wow I already received my seed order by noon today and i only placed my order this past friday! 3 days from California to NJ. Excellent and really fast service. Thanks for the gift you included as well. Very generous.

I'll probably order another set of seeds once you post what the new varieties you'll be offering later this year are by the way.
Thanks for the notification, Alfredo. (much better service than last time ) You got the last package of Crnkovic Yugoslavian - I'm hoping my late crop will produce seeds in time, it is an excellent variety and I would hate to have to drop it from my listing.

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2013   #242
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic12 View Post
Many times I order from Heritage. I recommend it.
Thank you Loic!
Old August 20, 2013   #243
Alfredo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Thanks for the notification, Alfredo. (much better service than last time ) You got the last package of Crnkovic Yugoslavian - I'm hoping my late crop will produce seeds in time, it is an excellent variety and I would hate to have to drop it from my listing.

Steve
Yes much better service, you remembered huh.

Ahh the benefit of ordering my 2014 seeds early The last pack of Crnkovic Yugoslavian?, I remember I ordered your last seed pack of the Dwarf Sweet Sue variety last year as well...weird. Which btw, that Dwarf Sweet Sue plant is doing amazing, pumping out some pretty big tomatoes now, and no signs of diseases or slowing down.

Last edited by Alfredo; August 20, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
Alfredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2013   #244
Simone
Tomatovillian™

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Ok, everyone awake??? Hope so.

Steve has updated his page with great new varieties.
I wasn´t able to withstand...

Simone

Last edited by Simone; October 21, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
Simone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2013   #245
Alfredo
Tomatovillian™

Sweet! Thanks Simone! One of my favorite places to order seeds from.
Old October 24, 2013   #246
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Simone and Alfredo For some reason I missed seeing your posts, I usually get an email notification when someone replies to this thread.

I have 40 new varieties listed and have about another 20 to list. The flower season is winding down (my real job) so I hope to have more time to spend on tomatoes and web work.

btw... I currently have listed all 17 of the Dwarf Project varieties (released to date).

I will post here when I get most of the remaining varieties listed.

Thanks!
Steve
Old October 24, 2013   #247
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Steve,

Checked out your website yesterday. Lots of interesting new (to me anyway) varieties. Just wondering if you noticed any taste difference between the Amazon Chocolate Regular Leaf and Potato Leaf. Also thinking MagiQo might make for some interesting grafting experiment..... (have one fruiting in the garden now).

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24, 2013   #248
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclum View Post
Hi Steve,

Checked out your website yesterday. Lots of interesting new (to me anyway) varieties. Just wondering if you noticed any taste difference between the Amazon Chocolate Regular Leaf and Potato Leaf. Also thinking MagiQo might make for some interesting grafting experiment..... (have one fruiting in the garden now).

Anne
Hi Anne,

I didn't grow the two versions of Amazon Chocolate side-by-side this season (I grew the reg. leaf in the greenhouse and the potato leaf in the field) so it is tough to make an accurate comparison. Here, the stress and heat of late summer produces the best tasting black/purple tomatoes (even more so than with the other colors). The potato leaf version I grew this year was from 'kath' (here at T'Ville) and it was excellent.

I am curious to see how MagiQo does for you in a fall garden. This was a new one for me (thanks Clara!) and I was surprised it held up to the hype it has received in Europe. I had a few fruit late in the season that were as good as any pink/red varieties I've grown. Early fruit was milder but still very good - even the winter greenhouse plant produced fruit a few notches above any store bought. Possibly the 'ribbing' will turn some growers off but the fruit had great keeping qualities and the plants were the perfect size - not sprawling like most indeterminates. It would be an interesting grafting project. It might even make an effective rootstock rather than scion - the MagiQo were some of the last ones standing after I quit spraying in the fall, I suspect they have resistance to some of the foliage diseases bred into them.

I'm following your fall thread, I hope your weather stays 'tomato-friendly' until you can get some ripe fruit. Ripe tomatoes for Christmas dinner would be a treat!

Steve
Old October 24, 2013   #249
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info on Amazon Chocolate and MagiQo. With your additional info, I'm really intrigued by the MagiQo. Besides its apparent "hardiness," I like that it's rather compact and very sturdy. Seems very vigorous and "generative." I read a bit about it on the web in translations. Noticed one post saying it was in the markets Dec-May - so I presume it's appropriate for greenhouses and maybe somewhat "cold hardy" - just guessing but should get a nice test in my fall garden this year.

I just went out to the garden to start a graft (or cutting) but I didn't have any appropriate suckers on the MagiQo. I had just "suckered" most of the plants yesterday, so I'll have to wait a bit now. (I did a quick no root graft of Liz Birt scion on Virginia Sweets as I had all my equipment out in the garden anyway and am experimenting with a new technique). I will eventually try the MagiQo as a rootstock, though.

Thanks for your interest in my fall garden.... everything's still humming along with greenies on nearly all of the plants.

Anne

P.S. I'll probably be placing another order soon!
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2013   #250
clara
Tomatovillian™

Steve, I'm very pleased that MagiQo did well in your Californian climate! I assumed it would do so as it originates in southern Spain. Funnily here, the first fruit was also rather mild, but with more heat, the taste improved very much - it's just a Spaniard, lol! clara
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2013   #251
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Steve, I'm very pleased that MagiQo did well in your Californian climate! I assumed it would do so as it originates in southern Spain. Funnily here, the first fruit was also rather mild, but with more heat, the taste improved very much - it's just a Spaniard, lol! clara
Clara, many of the varieties you shared did well here, a few excelled. I'll be sending you an email in the next day or so to get some history on a few of the varieties you sent, to bother you with questions, and to compare notes. Thanks again!

Steve
Old October 25, 2013   #252
clara
Tomatovillian™

Steve, you're welcome! I'll do my very best! I'm looking forward to your mail! clara
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2013   #253
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Default Great service

That was the fastest delivery ever recieved, and thanks for the freebie.
AKMark
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2013   #254
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
That was the fastest delivery ever recieved, and thanks for the freebie.
AKMark
Thanks Mark, I don't get many orders from Alaska, its good to know they made it OK.

Steve
Old November 9, 2013   #255
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Default Server Down

My web server is temporarily down, I hope to have the problem resolved later today.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks!
Steve