Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Upstate New York - Canada event information and discussion forum.

Old August 17, 2009   #1
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Default Buffalo-Niagara-Western-New-York Tomatofest 2009

Pardon me for being presumptious and posting what info I had already received from Remy.....please correct or confirm as needed, Remy.

This year's Buffalo-Niagara Western New York Tomatofest is getting a date change from the usual weekend after Labour Day due to scheduling conflict within Remy's family. Sooooooooo....the new date for this year, is Saturday, September 5th.

I may run a bit late, but I'll be there with the Baklava (as requested LOL) and perhaps some other savouries....along with some of my Armenian Style Dill Pickles, Armenian Tourshi Pickles (mixed veggies) and Armenian Style Hot Peppers. I vaguely remember that the peppers were scarfed down as fast as I could replenish them last year...or was that just the Baklava?

And no - I'm not even going to think about trying to bring a live plant over the border INTO the United States, this year. Sheeeeeeesh...what a kerfuffle! Kvetch, Kvetch, Kvetch....no sense of humour at the border these days.
Old August 17, 2009   #2
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Zana,
Thank you for posting! I was very busy between work and my best friend being here from Oregon. It makes no time to sit down and write to everyone. This summer has gotten away from me.
I know you got the wedding the day before, but I expect you to be there with bells on!, but no live plant please.

I do have lots of great plans and prizes ready for the party! Anyone traveling a distance should also know the Chicken Wing Festival will be going on in downtown Buffalo too.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop