Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Upstate New York - Canada event information and discussion forum.

Old September 5, 2007   #31
tomatoaddict

LOL I'm making myself laugh here.
On your certificate Mark, you should have someone going over the falls>>>LOL.

It's okay if I'm the only one that is laughing..>>
It's one of those nights for me.
Old September 5, 2007   #32
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoaddict,
I can't look anymore....laughing sends me into coughing spells, gosh darnoodley cold. But it was definitely a case of ROFLMBAO withTRDMF! I love that gif.
Old September 5, 2007   #33
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoaddict View Post
Zana, this guy can shop with the best of us. He's not gay though that is what is so weird. He's a dynamiter. I don't know if that is what they are really called. Guys that go up north and blow up things.
Ok, I missed this post when I checked the most recent, and fell off my chair laughing and coughing. Man you're not good for my health TA. I'd say that's called something along the lines of "explosives demolition"? In Northern Ontario with all the widening they've done in the past 10 years on HWY 400/Hwy11, you could probably double the size of Ontario Place in Toronto with all the rock that's been blasted. Nothing like the Canadian Shield for big boys to play blow up in a biiiiiiiiiig way!!! Let me guess he works for Seegmillers or Steed & Evans??? LOL

And sounds like he's like my little bro - straight and born to shop....especially for clothes and stuff for the house....and food....lol.
Old September 6, 2007   #34
tomatoaddict

How on Earth do you know so much about blowing things up Zana?
This guy cooks too..... Like I said, if you would like a riding companion, just PM me, and I will set it up. 8)
Old September 6, 2007   #35
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Tomatoaddict, check your pm's.

Zana
Old September 6, 2007   #36
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

I bet the guy must be a real blast huh...
Old September 6, 2007   #37
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Jealous, Mark????? hehehehe
Old September 6, 2007   #38
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Confirmed as of this afternoon, I'll be bringing a friend who's a newbie to growing OP Heirloom Tomatoes and Veggies. Jury is still out on whether I bring the furry kid, probably not....and as yet waiting to hear if TA's guy from KW will be snagging a ride with us too.

Now if there are any others coming from the GTA, west of TO, Hamilton or the Niagara Region that want to snagg a ride in the van....so far 2, maybe 3 seats are spoken for out of 7 if we want to do a "tomato road tripmobile". Let me know, there are carpool points enroute that we could meet at to consolidate. LOL
Old September 6, 2007   #39
korney19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zana View Post
Jealous, Mark????? hehehehe
Actually, I'm a blast too, once you get to know me and straight as an Opalka! Of course I have to get past my shyness first.
Old September 6, 2007   #40
korney19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zana View Post
Now if there are any others coming from the GTA, west of TO, Hamilton or the Niagara Region that want to snagg a ride in the van....so far 2, maybe 3 seats are spoken for out of 7 if we want to do a "tomato road tripmobile". Let me know, there are carpool points enroute that we could meet at to consolidate. LOL
Do you know TommyT in GTA? He's a buddy but had some problems with his ex and difficulty getting over the border. I'm sure he'd love the event, just doesn't want to pay a "border bond" or whatever it's called. Do you get stopped at the border & heavily questioned/ID'd/interrogated when you have a full van of people?
Old September 6, 2007   #41
Zana
Tomatovillian™

No I don't know TommyT. Normally I don't get heavily questioned, but I guess that depends on what kind of ID's we're handing over when getting asked/checked....even with a full van. I usually drive down to Batavia about once to twice a year for an interclub with a Kiwanis Club down there with members from the club I am a member. Most of the time they hardly ask anything. But none of us have border crossing issues.
Old September 6, 2007   #42
tomatoaddict

LOL... You guys are killing me. Zana, Desi just got home and is ringing you in about 30 minutes.
Mark.... I'm sure you are a blast and I can't wait to get a look at you.... pumpkin head and all.
No, my brother comes across the border all the time and they don't interrogate you. Only if you act suspicious or have a turban on your head....
Old September 6, 2007   #43
korney19

He actually got stopped in the past after having no problems for years... I think they said he must get some kind of bond ($300+) and he hasn't.
Old September 6, 2007   #44
tomatoaddict

Mark, just tell him to come on down. I doubt he will have trouble. The worst that could happen is he doesn't get to cross over.
Old September 7, 2007   #45
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Just talked with TommyT and he's not coming. He's not going to risk it.

Haven't heard back from Julianna, so don't know if she got my pm about meeting and driving down. However, I'll be driving down with Terry's friend Desi (yes, he did call last night, Terry, but I stayed out longer than I anticipated last night after the theatre and came in after midnight...wooohoooo...lol. But I did call him back this morning, so all is good and set up for tomorrow)and my friend Colleen, who's new to OP Tomatoes - but wants to learn.

Before I finish making the food for tomorrow, I need to know how many people roughly will be there. Anybody know????

Zana ~~~who's getting excited....lol