Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7, 2018   #1
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Default Bee Sting wow Painful

Just experienced my first bee sting. One hour has passed.

How did this happen? I went to the grocery to buy bug spray and do some weeding. When I reached into my purse for the car keys, I experienced an intense ★★★★★.

My first thought was that the pin on my work badge had come undone and went as far as possible into the fleshy part of my palm. After a few seconds of smarting I looked inside my purse and saw the black and yellow striped culprit.

Went back into the grocery and announced at the pharmacy that had just been stung. I must have had a panic look on my face. Asked what should I do.

The pharmacist took me over to the antihistamine and told me to take one or two asap. It would make me very sleepy in half an hour. It is now an hour and I do feel it!

I had the help of someone behind the counter to open the pill and get a free bottle of water. She stayed with me for a few minutes in the private consultation room till I gave the thumbs up. Will go back and thank her!

Soaked hand in red wine vinegar after I drove home. Bag of frozen vegetables at my side. The rash isn't spreading so fingers crossed against any further reaction. No pulling weeds today.

- Lisa

-

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; June 7, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: the blocked word is pin pr!ck
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote