Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 8, 2017   #1
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Default Azure Dandelion Heirloom Seeds

Anyone ever deal with this company?

I ordered 4 varieties of peppers and 1 variety of egg plant seed this year from them and after 21 days ... nothing germinated from anything. I'm sitting here with about 250 plants germinated from seeds from many other vendors and they all performed as expected, so it is not my fault obviously. Most start popping in 7-14 days.

Their seed envelopes seemed like inkjet-printed homemade variety, not very professional. I gave them a try because they offered some of the missing varieties that I was looking for as a 1 stop shop.

So far I'm going to have to rate them as bad... do not repeat. No germination data on their envelopes either (which is a requirement for sale in PA).

Fly by night (mom & pop) or legit company?

My next step is to sow the remainder of the seeds from each pack and see what (if anything) comes up. If I get nothing, I'll be very because it is getting too late here to get peppers started. If nothing comes up in the next 3 weeks, I'll take further actions. Feeling very .
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2017   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhines81 View Post
Anyone ever deal with this company?

I ordered 4 varieties of peppers and 1 variety of egg plant seed this year from them and after 21 days ... nothing germinated from anything. I'm sitting here with about 250 plants germinated from seeds from many other vendors and they all performed as expected, so it is not my fault obviously. Most start popping in 7-14 days.

Their seed envelopes seemed like inkjet-printed homemade variety, not very professional. I gave them a try because they offered some of the missing varieties that I was looking for as a 1 stop shop.

So far I'm going to have to rate them as bad... do not repeat. No germination data on their envelopes either (which is a requirement for sale in PA).

Fly by night (mom & pop) or legit company?

My next step is to sow the remainder of the seeds from each pack and see what (if anything) comes up. If I get nothing, I'll be very because it is getting too late here to get peppers started. If nothing comes up in the next 3 weeks, I'll take further actions. Feeling very .

http://www.azuredandelion.com/

No,not legit, a typical repackaging CO. On the home page you see no who are we,etc,nothing like that at all.

I looked at the tomato selections and lots of wrong descriptions, calling varieties that were recently bred,such as Black Cherry, an heirloom, and Green Zebra an heirloom is ridiculous.

And I did see phrases taken directly from my tomato book and have seen that before from repackagers.

I can't speak to other categories of veggies since I didn't look, know tomatoes best so looked at all of those.

Well,you did ask.

Carolyn, up too late again, when will this ever stop?