Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 22, 2012   #16
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
I set out 4 Amazon Chocolate PL from you, Kathy. Amazing plants!
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that mine isn't the only one that's got lots of fruits!Thanks for posting that, Randall. Sure hope you like the way they taste.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012   #17
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

WOW!!! Beautiful looking plant Thanks to kath!!!!! great garden friend.
BTW I love any black tomato and my friend i was just sitting with him 95 years. He love my Black Heart big fruit last year!!!!!! I hope he is here this summer.

Last edited by FILMNET; June 22, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012   #18
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Filmet, I am so happy for you that the heat is helping your baby plants! I too am hoping for lots of fruit (and lots of canning and freezing too of course).

Do not feel bad about the Amazon Chocolate. My first one just decided one day to wilt and fall over, I have no idea why. I did have a second backup but it was tiny so right now it is at about 2' tall with just a few flowers beginning. I'm hoping it catches up soon and produces a lot of fruit!
Old June 23, 2012   #19
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Thanks LL I have only 14 plants now trying to save all hopefully, one of my favorites is Brads Black/Brown Boar. the plant has stopped growing. I tried to get it going with MC, extra water, talking to it? No luck yet, falling behind other plants now probably to late to start a new one?
Old June 24, 2012   #20
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

My strong Amazon Choc has some new big flowers now great news, now to figure out what to do with this rain again. Last night 1.5" rain in 1 hr, and Monday a ton of rain coming all day here. My plants are so tight at top with new growth they need sun i am sure. Lucky my herb pots have great lose dirt in them they drain great. This year i am using MC and i have read that after a lot of rain the plants will need food. Or get stumped like last year, so i will use some more by Friday for growth i have flowers on most plants now.