Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 22, 2018   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
I would certainly isolate your diseased tomatoes, if you intend to keep them for whatever reason, well away from your healthy ones. I still say the disease is fungal in nature.
KarenO
Yes, I do see you are still saying it is fungal.

I said to Banadoura :

(Originally I said I had an alternative suggestion but you said,at that time you'd solved the problem.

My suggestion has to do with what's called aberrant Early Blight.Do you remember when I asked if any of the affected seedlings were hearts, and you said yes?

Would you like to hear more, since I think, I hope, I still have those links somewhere.)

Karen, how familiar are you with aberrant Early Blight, and I ask since it has an incomplete genome.

Now that I think about this a bit more,it was for someone else and I did a long post and put a link to Dr.Tom Zitter at Cornell who has a worldwide reputation re tomato diseases.

I just looked in my faves and the links are not there,maybe I Googled him,maybe I should do a search for him here at Tville.

And maybe I should get off this computer and see what Martha, who is one of two local ladies who help me out here at home has packed for lunch and supper for me.

Carolyn