Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 12, 2017   #166
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

IMG_20171211_154737~4.jpg

IMG_20171211_154737~3.jpg

IMG_20171211_154758~4.jpg

IMG_20171211_154758~3.jpg

Thanks Henry. I would love a calendar of some of the photos, but I probably wouldn't ever actually get it done myself. I am already starting seeds for next year. I have oodles and oodles of stamping stuff to make cards and scrapbooking but I never get to stuff that requires clean hands.

Bower, I take the photos in color and convert them to b&w on my phone camera. I have several options to choose from for contrasts but I don't think I can actually customize the shades or saturation of the photos. I tried all three options and this one was the best contrast for the picture. I should look at the ones from the park and redo them. maybe the lake and weeds would look better in a different setting. ....so I went in to the settings and I could change them.

Last edited by clkeiper; December 12, 2017 at 11:15 AM.
clkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #167
MdTNGrdner

Love this first one, Carolyn; the contrast gives it so much more depth, I feel like I'm there!

This thread could be a sticky
Old December 12, 2017   #168
henry
Tomatovillian™

Garlic bulbil [spicy korean red] a rocambole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8163528Aug16-2012SKN-bws.jpg (136.5 KB, 46 views)
Old December 12, 2017   #169
henry
Tomatovillian™

Fishing boats Port Hardy northern Vancouver Island.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB075357refas.jpg (271.0 KB, 47 views)
Old December 12, 2017   #170
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Im really enjoying this thread. Great pics everyone.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #171
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTNGrdner View Post
Love this first one, Carolyn; the contrast gives it so much more depth, I feel like I'm there!

This thread could be a sticky
thanks. funny how it is really the camera settings that give the picture it's pop. I was only messing around with the settings (that I didn't even know were there until this morning) just to show the difference between the options on the camera settings.

But really I didn't even want to be there... the lake was already icing over yesterday. it was blowing and frigid. I had to drop my DH off to pick up one of the dump trucks that needed fixed so I stopped here to take a picture for the thread.
Old December 12, 2017   #172
bower
Tomatovillian™

Was going to say, I like your instinct for the right settings. I'm amazed that such great pix can be taken with a phone. The cell phone camera hasn't worked well for me - I'm just too wobbly.

My favorite camera these days is a bit of a clunker - digital of course but chunky as cameras go, my bro handed it down to me when he got a new one. It has a zoom which is decent for trying to catch animals in my garden LOL, although sadly often a blur, and a macro setting for closeups which is what I use the most. Best of all it takes two hands to hold it, so I can brace myself instead of the wobbles. I have another one that is better for panoramic shots, it has a wide angle lens iirc.. Will have to dig that out over the holidays and see if I can get some scenic views.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #173
MdTNGrdner

Good thing for us that you stopped But I know what you mean about wind off the water...Brrrr
Old December 12, 2017   #174
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Seasons Greetings from my place.
Worth
IMG_20171212_9496.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #175
MdTNGrdner

Bower, my camera is a 'clunky' one, too. And I have to remove the batteries every time or they're dead, even in a day or two. My cell phone doesn't have a camera. This thread has me wanting to take some pictures, though!

When we moved here, I found out by accident that Google Drive will make a panorama shot out of individual photos. I was putting some pics up of our new place for my Mom, and I don't even know why but after loading several consecutive photos where I had turned to get a panoramic perspective for her, Google just did it for me - - a whole 180 degree view as a single photo. Very surprising and quite creepy! Felt like THEY could see me
Old December 12, 2017   #176
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Worth
Attachment 78195
OMG Worth, you have more snow than we do.
Funny thing is, I love the small bits of color in winter pictures. Even though they may almost pass for black and white, the color is the best bit for me..
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #177
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Worth
Attachment 78195
Just about nailed that black and white Worth
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #178
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
Just about nailed that black and white Worth
I was thinking the same thing. you couldn't get hardly any less color than that one.
Old December 12, 2017   #179
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTNGrdner View Post
Bower, my camera is a 'clunky' one, too. And I have to remove the batteries every time or they're dead, even in a day or two.
Get you some Eneloop rechargeables. They are designed not to leak down. I keep a set in the camera that lasts for months unused, with a second charged set in reserve. Best camera buy I ever made.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2017   #180
MdTNGrdner

Hmm, I thought it was my camera but might just try that.