Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #856
peebee
Tomatovillian™

I just happened upon this as I usually do not look here. Oh Tania, you will be missed more than you can imagine. But I do wish you well in whatever you do from now on and thank you for all your help to so many people!
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #857
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Her Facebook page as of two hours ago says they're having difficulty getting the server up and running and right now Stan is too busy to look into it.

I just gifted a family member my 14 extra tomato plants and was going to send her to the tomatobase to research them, but discovered it was still down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Father'sDaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #858
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Yep, still unavailable. My browser says that the connection is not secure..
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #859
Don S
Tomatovillian™

Tania:
★★★★★★Thank you for inspiring me to set up a more modest but easily searchable tomato datasheet. I echo the previous posters in hoping that you may somehow be able to continue to provide access to your amazing tomatobase. If your retirement is anything like mine, you may find yourself busier than ever!
Don S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #860
BlackBear
Tomatovillian™

Old 5 Days Ago   #861
IronPete
Tomatovillian™

Hi Tatiana;
Congratulations on getting to retirement. Lots of people don't!
I just want to personally thank you. When I was first infected with the curiosity of tomato interest and found your website I was in heaven. Without a lie it has always been my go-to site for all tomato data. I have logged hundreds and hundreds of hours reading and re-reading about various varieties and am a better tomato-lover for it. I also have a huge number of tomato seeds that I purchased from you which I would never have been able to get anywhere else and I thank you for that too. Please keep the website up if possible! That is my selfish request, lol!
All the best to you and to Stan. Again, my personal thanks for making this hobby of mine so much richer, and tastier too! Peter Knight in PEI

Iron Pete

"We can agree to disagree."
IronPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #862
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much folks for all your very kind words and for all the support, so much appreciated!

We are running into some difficulties of getting the TOMATObase server up and running due to really bad internet service here. Stan is exploring alternative internet options, and it looks like we will need to Wi-Fi from the city to our place - this would require renting a spot for a pole where we could put the Wi-Fi dish. Looking for at least another month of downtime.

The problem is Stan's time - he has so many things to do urgently on the farm (and our son broke his hip and wrist, and no help), so he is stretched thin.

I am so sorry about the inconvenience, I miss my database too!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #863
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

Sorry to read about your difficulties. Wishing your son a speedy recovery.
And you are worth waiting for!
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #864
Mike Maurer
Tomatovillian™

I hope you guys are able to get it going soon. I'm like so many others you have heard from... I can't tell you how many times i refer to your Tomato base, and all the others too. You really have made a real service to the growing public, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to put together, Thank you again!
Mike Maurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #865
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Good to hear about you, Tania!

I tried again today, and still could access. My browser keeps on asking for Microsoft password (I happen to have an ms account via the university) but still doesn't let me through...
I trust that you will find a workable solution, but the main thing is to take care of your family.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #866
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Hi Tania, sorry to hear that what was supposed to be an exciting new chapter in your lives is coming with so many big challenges. You've spoiled us over the years with you tireless efforts creating and maintaining the Tomatobase, but now it's time for you and Stan to focus on your new life in your new home.
Father'sDaughter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #867
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Hi, Tania,
so sorry for all the issues you have to deal with. Sorry to hear about your son unfortunate health issue. Hope he will heal soon. Thank you for your effort. And I agree with Father'sDaughter: "it's time for you and Stan to focus on your new life".

With love, Ella.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote