Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 17, 2016   #1
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Default Discount Drug Mart vegetable seeds.

I was at the Discount Drug Mart this morning and they put their seed display out.Picked up some Jalapeno seeds for .25 cents a packet.They even had some Heirloom Tomato seeds of which I already have.I was looking for but did not find Early Girl Tomato and Thai Dragon pepper seeds.Will keep looking as I have plenty of time yet.Thought I'd give everyone a heads up if they have a Discount Drug Mart near by here in NE Ohio.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #2
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Just about any time I find cheap seeds like this I buy them it just goes to show how much they are marked up sometimes.
Yesterday at the feed store they had Foo Foo seeds at almost $4.00 a pack.
Next to them same seeds same amount or more, lesser known seeds for 1.99 a pack.
The Martha Stewart seeds just kill me.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #3
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

We buy the 20 cent seed packs for several reasons. One being it's a cheap way to try something new-to-us, and the pepper and tomato seed packs have enough seeds for several years - depending on how many you grow.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #4
imp
Tomatovillian™

A lot of the more common and popular varieties appear in those packets and grow well. It's about the only place I can easily find the old fashioned yellow warty crookneck squash anymore! I don't like the flavor of the smooth crooknecks as much as I do the warty funky looking ones.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2016   #5
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

The store I found these is here in Cuyahoga Falls,I'm going over into Stow the town next to us and that Drug Mart and see if they have the same selection.Lowes has a great selection but I don't think they have theirs out yet.
Old January 17, 2016   #6
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

I already bought some seeds at Lowes... Probably the first one there after the rack was out, but they were Burpees and not the cheapest seeds I have bought but i needed them so the price was right.
Old January 17, 2016   #7
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
I already bought some seeds at Lowes... Probably the first one there after the rack was out, but they were Burpees and not the cheapest seeds I have bought but i needed them so the price was right.
They had a huge selection last year.I'll drop by after work tomorrow.Most prices at Discount Drug Mart were around $1.50 a pack.Off brand name on all.The one I bought was another off brand that were 4 for $1.But some were Heirloom Tomatoes.I did not expect seeds this early but it makes you think spring.And that's a good feeling.