Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 15, 2014   #1
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

Default Serenade as a seed inoculate?

Just thinking about this after reading the last thread on saving blight affected seeds.

Would this be a good way to get a good protective microbial network in place? I didn't read anything pre treatment in the little pamphlet .

I might give this a try, being that I tend to be a little neglectful of my plants I figure that there can't be much to loose if a small test batch were to be grown early on in the year. and if it does turn out to work, than you have already won the war before the battle started..

On a side note, I wanted to query you guy's about the use of crushed aspirin as treatment for powdery mold. In the orchid realms we used it to treat crown rot and brown rot which could easily decimate an entire green house in a matter of days to weeks. I was wondering if there was similar success in the tomato growing areas?

Gaston.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2014   #2
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

I dont know but Ive seen it on a website...

http://www.growbetterveggies.com/gro...-tomatoes.html

Read #7 on the link above.

Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2014   #3
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

Ginny

Thanks for posting that up. So I guess that solution is wider reaching than hobbyist orchid growers.

Gaston
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote