Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 13, 2007   #16
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

Thought you might like to see the pink tinge on my Green Giant last season, the one I used in the cross to get Sneezy.

http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fou...cd.jpg&.src=ph

PP
Old January 13, 2007   #17
Grub
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad you like the pic, Suze. There's a ripe tomato, Listada da Gandia eggplant and basils in there, too.

Now, on my Apple Max PowerBook G4 laptop I can't reverse click. No mouse. Built in mousy thing and, no matter how hard I try, I can find a function that lets me see the address you reveal above. I can only find menus in my host album.

Know what I mean? The URL addy has to be there somewhere but I just can't find it and Mrs Grub had a go and said same. But the answer is there somewhere.

PP,
Thanks for the pic link. I appreciate your crossing expertise and it seems like you have changed the tomato world. So thanks again you champion.
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2007   #18
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Grub. after you right click on the image (as Suze said) the URL that you will use will be in your address bar. It will not say URL in front of it but on tomatoville when you are typing a message (where you cab choose text color and bold a quote) there is a block that says URL you click is, copy/paste the address bar into tomatoville then click the URL block again.

I hope that works for you!

bizzarbazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2007   #19
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I have added a box at the bottom of each picture which contains the necessary codes (which you can copy and paste here at TomatoVille) to display the medium-sized picture here with a link to the larger size.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2007   #20
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Ok, I have corrected the code generated by the Gallery.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old January 15, 2007   #21
dcarch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon27
Testing...

New Big Dwarf mailed to me from tylenol (Rob):
O.K. So now that you have done the test, how did it taste?

dcarch
dcarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2007   #22
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I really liked NBD. Not what I consider a blockbuster, but I would certainly not turn one down. I liked it enough to try this year.

Also, I have been asked to clarify that the tomatoes I got from tylenol were grown in the hottest summer in California on record and most of the tomatoes were literally stewing on the vine, so flavor cannot be fairly judged.

Old January 16, 2007   #23
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Thanks re the codes. Heading there now
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2007   #24
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

LOL.

Don't miss the baby and proud Mom and Dad photos!

http://www.feldoncentral.com/garden/...rub/?g2_page=2

Old January 17, 2007   #25
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I've been tinkering.

I have added an optional Java upload interface. If you want a faster and easier way to upload multiple photos by drag-and-drop, this is for you.

To get to this fancy upload screen, click on "Add Items" and then click on "Upload Applet". It will bring up all kinds of warnings like "Are you sure you want to allow this Java applet to initialize on your computer?", etc. I have confirmed that these are harmless and that this is an optional component of the Gallery.

This in no way prevents you from using the default Upload method and if you feel more comfortable with that technique, by all means stick with that!

Quote:
If you get an error message when trying to upload using the Upload Applet like this:
Upload failed: 'user id: 5 doesn't have permission: core.addDataItem for item id...

Fix:
* Click Log Out in the upper right corner of the Gallery, then Log back in. If that does not work:

Solutions:
* Delete your cookie for feldoncentral.com/garden/photos/
* Open Start menu -> Settings -> Control Panels -> Java and clear out your Temporary Files (for Java).
* Upgrade your Java as Java 1.5.0.6 and Firefox 1.5/2.0 seem to have a conflict.
Sorry for any inconvenience!

I've also just added something that allows you to Reupload (replace) an existing photo if you want to fix something with one of your photos that has already been published on the web. This way, your images won't be "broken" on websites you've linked to.

And I've added little or icons under any new or updated photos and galleries within the last 3 days.

Old January 17, 2007   #26
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Gorgeous! I love the baby pics. Was a name ever decided on? Mr and Mrs Grub and the Grublet look so happy!
bizzarbazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007   #27
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Hope T'Ville doesn't mind me treating this as sort of a tech support topic for the gallery. I love T'Ville and see my site as a companion to it.

Anyway, just a reminder that you can upload photos of just about any size you want. I like to upload 800 x 600 of most photos and 1024 x 768 (or even bigger) for a nice photo that someone might want to use as wallpaper on their desktop. The software automatically generates a decent 640 x 480 image as well as a thumbnail.

Gallery owners can even customize the sizes that are automatically generated, the size of the thumbnails, the number of thumbnails per page, and the JPEG quality used to generate the smaller sizes. Each gallery owner has quite a bit of flexibility.

Old February 26, 2007   #28
Patrina_Pepperina
Cross Hemisphere Dwarf Project™ Moderator

Morgan, how do you put a thumbnail into a post in lieu of its bigger pic so that it's faster for people on dial-up to load up a thread?

I don't intend to have large pics 99% of the time anyhow, but it would be good to use thumbnails in long threads that have lots of pics, so I'd like to know how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Patrina
Old February 26, 2007   #29
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

You would have to right-click on the thumbnail, choose "View Image" (in Firefox) or go to "Properties" (in Internet Explorer) and get the URL that that image, and then paste it here between [img] and [/img] tags.

Most people post the "medium" 640 x 480 size here. If you view an image in the gallery that's bigger than 640 x 480, you'll find it generates a block of [img] code. For instance, if I go to Chilhuacle's photo here:

http://www.feldoncentral.com/garden/...0037b.jpg.html

There's a box of code at the bottom that, when pasted here on Tomatoville, looks like this:

Click for Larger Size

That "medium" sized image is 60kb which takes about 10-12 seconds on dialup.
Old February 26, 2007   #30
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

How to Add Photos to your Gallery Tutorial