Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2013   #11
TightenUp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnjjohn View Post
after such hot weather should I be keeping an eye on watering my tomato plants ( low near the soil with garden hose) ? I Just do not know if they need to be watered..certainly do not want mushy or dry tomatoes... the green looks good but I thinking perhaps a drink every other day if no rains? Tia, john

i've been away for about 10 days and wont be returning for a few more. before i left i saw the heatwave coming and put the soaker hose on every 3 days. i have a clay based soil which retains water and i have a mulch on top. i think the 3 day schedule is working just fine based on pics and reports from someone who is checking up on my garden.

the raised bed i have tomatoes in has needed water 3 days in a row. i let it get a little too dry and now after watering i'm seeing BER. last season i used a timer for every 4 days on this bed and i saw no BER and taste was awesome. i'm going back to that setup after the heatwave

TightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote