Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 31, 2022   #1
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Default Cherokee Purple

This was a replacement I bought when the deer got into my garden, it was labeled Cherokee purple. Looking at the way flowers are forming, my guess is that it’s some sort of cherry, what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EA476037-97E8-4890-A537-8899A6CF789F.jpg (273.0 KB, 91 views)
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2022   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

I agree with you. Lots of mistakes are made with commercially grown varieties. So far my garden has two wrong varieties; one a heart is a cherry and the other was to be a Cherokee Purple which is a nice looking pink beefsteak. The CP was bought as a late fill-in from a friend who has a nursery. Even she gets wrong seeds every once in a while.
Old July 31, 2022   #3
Dak
Tomatovillian™

It's kind of funny, I was concerned that I wouldn't have any cherry tomatoes this year, now I have this one and one that I planted labeled Burbank Slicing that are cherries, in addition to the 2 replacements I found.

That adage is true, be careful what you wish for!

Thanks for the validation.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2022   #4
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

That is Funny

Last year I bought a new Brand of Pumpkin Seeds they turn out to be "Beautiful Mixed of Hooligan, Bumpkin and Mini Gooligan". Just Beautiful as I am still doing the Research on them all. They Taste Good. They give me the best display of winter Pumpkin Varieties in 2021. As I was wishing for more Color in my Winter Display. They have come back on their own too, just growing health in different Tomato sections; as I do Crop Rotation each year. Some have provided Shade for Tomatoes as well. But they have to be cut down, but I will enjoy my mini small pumpkins again this year. Funny how things work-out sometimes, Amen!!! Reminding of this new song in my head called "Buy Dirk. In the song is states 'Find Something you Love and Call it Work Amen!!!
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote