Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 16, 2016   #1
jillian
Tomatovillian™

Default Stake a Cage for tomatoes and peppers

I made tomato cages last year with CRW and I love them. I needed a few more and I do not think I am up to date on my tetanus shot I had a roll of 2 x 4 in. unrusted fencing already as well as 6 ft. stakes so I made some of these today. I love a project that does not require any man tools. Instead of the called for 18 in. panel for tomatoes I cut mine 32 in. 18 in. just isn't wide enough for tomatoes IMO. I do not grow any monster varieties so I think the 32 width will be fine. I also cut some 16 in. widths for peppers. The roll I used is 36 in length. Very simple and easy, that is how I roll. Now I just cannot wait to use them!

Also these will stack very neatly and take up very little space when it is time to store them for winter. I am running out of room! The CRW cages take up lots of space.

Last edited by jillian; February 16, 2016 at 07:19 PM. Reason: to add
jillian is offline   Reply With Quote