Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 20, 2006   #1
Althea
Tomatovillian™

Default Soldaki Problem

Some of the leaves of my Soldakis have what looks like a fungus. Can anyone tell me what this is? Only the Soldakis have this strange leaf problem, all of the others are fine.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...710&p=74525912
Old July 20, 2006   #2
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Hurry; start using this homemade spray!

Baking Soda Spray It looks like something I saw about leaf blight.

Edited to give you this link to read Symptoms & Causes: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3102.html

BTW, I love the picture of that moth you have. If you take it & flip it over to the right side - just once - take a very good look at the design, it looks very evil & Forboden. Nature's way of protecting it. It looks like an angry, attacking owl with it's mouth open; ready to attack right back.
Old July 20, 2006   #3
Althea
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for your response Robin. I looked at more pictures of Late Blight and that doesn't seem to be it. It looks more like Early Blight, but the spots don't have concentric rings charartistic of EB. The brown areas are more like splotches. The problem follows the typical pattern of fungal disease - outbreak a few days after rain. I sprinkled corn meal around them tonight and may try baking soda.

I looked at the cecropia moth picture from the angle you suggested. Very cool.