Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 29, 2018   #1
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Default Can't stay signed in

I posted about this once before but it resolved itself. I don't usually have a problem with this after deleting cookies to clean up my brower but this is the second time now. I have to re-sign in after even a few minutes if I want to post. I had to sign in twice to post this because it would say I wasn't signed in after a few minutes while I located the screen shot on my computer. This is the screen shot of the sign in, and there is no option to keep me signed in. Does anyone know why this disappears sometimes? It remembers my user name and password and the remember me box is there. But not the one to keep me signed in. Am I crazy or didn't there used to be such a thing?

2018-07-29 (1) by Susan Albetski, on Flickr

Last edited by SueCT; July 29, 2018 at 11:49 PM.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #2
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I dont think it did just the one you see and that is the box I check.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #3
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Sorry, not awake yet. Of course you checked the remember me box.
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #4
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

I have never seen a "keep me signed in box". The "remember me" box should keep you signed in. It does for me.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #5
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Sometimes if you click on a link that someone posts to other older Tville threads, and you have your browser set to open links in a new tab, you may get that message if you try to continue to other Tville posts in the new tab. Sometimes.

If you go back to the other tab you are still on.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #6
Al@NC
Tomatovillian™

I'm with Worth, there's never been a "stayed signed in" button, and just for "SAG's" I just deleted my cookie for the site and I had to sign back in using Firefox...

Al
Al@NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #7
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

If you have your computer set up to not save cookies, it will always erase them upon exit from the site. I had the same problem after I tightened security on my desktop computer. If this is your case as well, you can add Tomatoville (and any others you need to list) to the list of trusted sites. I am making an assumption you are using MS Windows.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2018   #8
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

My computer saves cookies, I rechecked the remember me button and the problem resolved again. I always set it to remember sign in information and not delete that when I delete cookies. When I came back to the site after deleting cookies my user name and password were automatically filled in like always. I delete browsing history and cookies all the time, and have only had this problem twice. Maybe it is a browser glitch or some other little thing. Its not a constant issue. I thought there must have been a keep me signed in button because it made sense to me that I might have to recheck that if there was one. I have one on aol and a couple of other sites, so I don't always remember which sites have them. All fixed now though. Thanks. If this happens again I will just keep rechecking the remember me button until it resolves.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote