Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 23, 2006   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default MAGTAG Informal Schedule

Here is a very rough schedule of events for this Saturday's gathering.

10:00: The tomato tasting begins - It will be ongoing, until we say it ends. Perhaps until noon, when everybody eats lunch? We'll have snacks/drinks/appetizers available during the tasting, and will start grilling during the tasting so food is ready by noonish.

12:00 - official lunch hour, although this will continue through afternoon. We can tally the ballots at this time and weigh the size entries - which will probably take a while, since the tallying must be done by hand.

1:00 - 5:30ish (or before then, whenever folks decide to leave) - seed swap, winter sowing, seed saving? Anne says that her seed-saving presentation is actually more of a static exhibit (like in a science fair!) than a presentation, so it won't require a specific time. Doug and Trudi, would you like to schedule time for the winter sowing demo and seed swap, or just wing it?

We have the pavilion reserved until 6:00, but are required to have everything cleaned up before then.

P.S. for those of you with kids: there is a nice playground right next to our pavilion!
Old August 25, 2006   #2
Dunkel
Tomatovillian™

After lunch sometime sounds good to me. That's a fancier way of saying "just wing it!" LOL See I'm brushin' up on my fancy talk for my trip out of the mountains.

What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds. - Will Rogers