Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 26, 2017   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Herbs in Containers ?

My wife and I are interested in growing some herbs this year. We are both new to growing anything in containers .

First, we have not bought any containers yet. The containers that we are thinking of using will be easy to move. That way when we have 100+ degree days, we can bring them inside near windows. I have those long narrow type planters in mind, but would appreciate advice. Something like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Southern-...12LT/204496682

We also have not bought the mix either. About the mix that goes in the containers - would Pro Mix do well, or do we need to buy something else? Pictured below.

We also have not chose which herbs to grow yet - other than cilantro. We will most likely grow chives too, and after that ??? Got Any Ideas?

We want to buy the seeds this upcoming Wednesday March 1. I need to either buy some starter mix, or if the pro mix will work in the containers - I'll just use pro mix to get them started in cells.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170127_165657.jpg (60.9 KB, 306 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote