Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old July 29, 2014   #16
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

You can also use "resealable" adhesive from the scrapbook keeping stuff at your local craft supplier whether it's walmart, pat catans, michaels, etc. It comes on a roll for adhering pictures and memorabilia stuff to an album so you can move it around without destroying the pages, but the stick of stuff is probably much cheaper. I think elmers glue makes one too. Check the back to school stuff. It is probably as cheap now as you'll find it all year.
Old July 29, 2014   #17
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

I notice on the description states that you can "adjust and move bonded items after application." Does this mean you can only reopen the envelope BEFORE the glue dries? If I seal my envelope this year, will I be able to reopen it next year easily?

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2014   #18
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavanta View Post
I make my own from post it pads. Fold once up to the sticky part, glue the sides with one of those blue glue pens, and close the sticky part over. It is resealable, takes a few seconds to make, use any size/color post it pad you like.
Brilliant!
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2014   #19
Douglas_OW
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarieNJ View Post
I notice on the description states that you can "adjust and move bonded items after application." Does this mean you can only reopen the envelope BEFORE the glue dries? If I seal my envelope this year, will I be able to reopen it next year easily?
I don't think that this adhesive ever dries; its like a Post It. I suspect that it would only get weaker over time, but I don't have any empirical data to present to you. I would suggest that you apply it to the envelope, and not the flap, to make it easier to get seeds out of the envelope.

Jim

Last edited by Douglas_OW; July 30, 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Douglas_OW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2014   #20
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
To make coin envelopes resealable I lick only a corner of the envelope. That allows me to open them and reseal about 5 times before all the sticky is used up.

Or I use a bit of rubber cement on the seal which makes them resealable for some time. Eventually it needs to be refreshed.

I like receiving them sealed with painter's tape because it does not get attached so strongly to the envelope as some other tapes.
Joseph, my father, who grew up during the great depression, would be proud of you.
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote